"Admissions Weekend" vs "Interview Weekend"

JidneyKidney04

Question

I was recently invited to an "Interview Weekend" event where I will be interviewed by professors for a Ph.D program in Psychology. However, I was also invited to an "Admissions Weekend" by another school and have not yet been given too much information on what to expect yet. I was wondering, is there a difference between the two or are the phrases interchangeable. Perhaps, is the admissions weekend a definite admission/a meet and greet for them to sell the school to me or will I still be interviewed?

3 answers to this question

Probably less interview-ish than an interview weekend but definitely still treat it as an interview even if you are likely to be admitted and it is just a visit so the school can sell you on attending. I'm sure there have been offers that are rescinded after meeting the prospective student, so be on your A game. Results Search had one of the schools I applied to as having an admissions weekend that determined funding (who would get RA, etc) so it is probably best to just walk into the event with the expectations of an interview weekend.

Edited by .letmeinplz//

Have you looked for any information about how the admissions weekend has gone in the past at that school? My gut feeling is that it's more of a meet and greet type of thing to let you get a feel for the campus, but the school could be using it as a term for interview weekend.