False alarm

SarahBethSortino

Same here. I am checking emails (and spams) more than ten times a day but nothing happens yet. I also applied to Brown University and was interviewed two weeks ago. I haven't heard back since. To drive out anxiety, I keep distracting myself with statistics books and movies. 

I have been answering so many stupid spam phone calls the past two weeks; my god.  Thank you, graduate admissions process, for helping me confirm my number in at least 12 telemarketer/scammer databases so far.

3 hours ago, wet gremlin said:

I have been answering so many stupid spam phone calls the past two weeks; my god.  Thank you, graduate admissions process, for helping me confirm my number in at least 12 telemarketer/scammer databases so far.

In most cases, if you tell them you want to be taken off their contact list they are legally obligated to do so. That doesn't mean they always will, but it might get a few of them off your back.

3 hours ago, wet gremlin said:

I have Google Fi and when a lot of spammers call my number Google has already marked them as potential spam, so I have that going for me.

17 hours ago, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

Same over here too. I've got my notification sound up, but my heart starts racing with every ping now. x]

I had gotten over that until yesterday night when I got an invite to an interview/open house weekend. Back to flinching every time I get a notification.

1 hour ago, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

In most cases, if you tell them you want to be taken off their contact list they are legally obligated to do so. That doesn't mean they always will, but it might get a few of them off your back.

For most of them, it was an automated system. For the couple that were live humans, I gave them an earful about calling a number on the do not call registry.  

1 hour ago, .letmeinplz// said:

I have Google Fi and when a lot of spammers call my number Google has already marked them as potential spam, so I have that going for me.

I was already heavily considering switching to Google Fi; I think this might have cinched it.  Do you have any issues with customer service?  The only reason I think I'm still hanging on is that I've been with T-Mobile forever and their customer service beats the pants off the others.

Congrats on your interview invite!