Harvard Ed. L.D. 2017

AppalachianAspirer

Hey, found this thread of similarly hopeful folks so I thought I'd throw in with you guys. I'm feeling practically useless this week since it seems likely this is the week that interview invites will go out. I oscillate between hopeful and pessimistic. Here are my stats, just for giggles: 10 years experience in public education in Texas (chemistry teacher, dept head/lead teacher experience, one year as college and career readiness coordinator), 3.95 undergrad GPA, 4.0 master's GPA, GRE 164 (verbal)/158 (quant)/5.5 (writing). If anyone hears anything, let us all know! I plan to call on Friday if I haven't heard anything to see if the invitations have in fact gone out.

Hey guys.

After emailing with admissions, I can confirm that they have in fact started emailing out invitations, though they are not sent out in one email blast.

I think they will all be sent out by the end of the day tomorrow. It makes sense.

Hey Yogi, what day did they schedule your interview? 23rd or 24th?

14 minutes ago, EdLeader said:

Long time lurker, first time poster here, just wondering if anyone has been brave enough to call and see if they are done sending out invites? Is the consensus that I should abandon hope if I haven't heard by now?

I'm about to give up hope. I've heard nothing and the day is short now. Kinda sick to my stomach today. :/

14 minutes ago, EdLeader said:

Long time lurker, first time poster here, just wondering if anyone has been brave enough to call and see if they are done sending out invites? Is the consensus that I should abandon hope if I haven't heard by now?

I am the same. Long time lurker and first time poster. And yes... I buckled and sent an email asking if all had been sent out this afternoon, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

At least it's Friday and we can get a beer!

Congrats to Yogi and Sunshine!

3 minutes ago, JankyGuitar said:

I'm about to give up hope. I've heard nothing and the day is short now. Kinda sick to my stomach today. :/

Please don't give up. I'm in the same boat (no acceptances, 1 waitlist) but I believe things will eventually work out.

That if I don't get into a PhD program, it just means that I am not ready for that stage in my life and got to explore / learn more.

1 hour ago, tgcaccount said:

Please don't give up. I'm in the same boat (no acceptances, 1 waitlist) but I believe things will eventually work out.

That if I don't get into a PhD program, it just means that I am not ready for that stage in my life and got to explore / learn more.

The EdLD is the only program I applied for. I have too many student loans already to find a program that isn't fully-funded and my interests are more practical, hands-on like the EdLD than academic. :/

Figuring that I just didn't have enough to get it done this go. :/

Best of luck to all. 

Hey all that didn't get an interview (yet?), myself included.

Just wanted to share that later that evening, I received an email inviting me to an interview for a really sweet executive position that I had applied for months ago. It's not Harvard, but just a reminder that there is other great stuff out there. 

I am with many of you in that I got a bit tunnel visioned over the past couple months, but that reminded me that we were all pretty successful without a Harvard degree and we will probably continue to be in the future.

Have a great weekend!

Janky, Harvard was the only one I applied to as well. Pretty bummed, but already thinking about things I could potentially do to maybe make my application stand out for next year.

I'm going to give myself the weekend to feel sorry for myself, then regroup.