UW MHCID 2017 Applicants

bbobear

17 hours ago, bbobear said:

@Willwang Thanks for sharing this info! How do you know they're interviewing 29-30 students, if you don't mind my asking?

Last year they admitted around 80 students (with 29 choosing to attend) so I'd be very surprised if they were requiring interviews for all candidates. 

I also haven't received an invitation to interview. 

Hi,

I just finished my interview.

I am from a non-native English speaking country and this interview is trying to test the English language competency. My friend who got in last year also from the non-native English speaking country and had an interview prior to the offer.

So if you are native English speaker. You ppl won't get any interviews. No Worries.

I saw the information from their official website: https://mhcid.washington.edu/program/   "29 eager learners" and also if you take a look at the class of 2017-2016 they have 29-36 students.

As far as I know, from the director, he mentioned the result will be announced pretty soon, maybe next week or this week.

So stay tuned.

Good luck everyone.

13 minutes ago, bbobear said:

@Willwang Awesome! Hope it went well! :)

What kinds of questions were you asked? I'd love to hear as many details as you can give us!

Questions I've been asked: 

Why do you choose this program

Prediction of the future interaction

Do you know Seattle city, how do you like it?

2 minutes ago, Willwang said:

Questions I've been asked: 

Why do you choose this program

Prediction of the future interaction

Do you know Seattle city, how do you like it?

pretty much the same questions. And I don't think a student without any design background should be worried - they seem to embrace a team with diverse backgrounds.

1 minute ago, bbobear said:

@Willwang Thanks for the info! Much appreciated :)

5 minutes ago, marynextdoor said:

pretty much the same questions. And I don't think a student without any design background should be worried - they seem to embrace a team with diverse backgrounds.

Yes, it's an interdisciplinary program. 

6 hours ago, sqa said:

For HCDE, I think that in past years decisions came out in early March, prior to the 15th (I think last year was the 9th, and some rejections were even earlier, in late Feb). So I'm essentially in constant freakout mode :wacko:

Yep, I've also been in constant freak out mode since Monday. I'm slightly (ever so slightly, lol) glad it hasn't been released yet because I've been in all-day meeting/workshop things at work and while I can sneak peeks at my phone I really didn't want to get the news - good or bad - in a room full of people. 

I saw one year the decisions came out on the 14th, so we might still be waiting into next week ?.

Guys, let's all take a deep breath. *heavy breathing*

I still haven't received anything yet, and it's 8PM on the US West Coast. Unless people are working overtime, we'll probably still be waiting at least another day. :) 

@Willwang @marynextdoor Good luck! I'm sure you guys nailed it!

[Edit] Either that or I'm getting a rejected and they just won't tell me T.T;

Edited by siitrasn

Looks like the MHCI+D team is doing overtime! Just got waitlisted for the program. I don't think I was the best fit for this program, so not surprised.

Best of luck to you guys on acceptances! I'm planning to decline my place in the waitlist since I got in elsewhere.

[Edit] FYI, watilist email mentioned that a group of students has been selected for admission, so I'm guessing acceptances will be going out soon!

Edited by siitrasn

Been lurking in this forum for a while now, thought I would make myself a little useful. If anyone is still up, I have just received an email from MHCI+D admission as a waitlist. The email was received after 9pm! And yes the email mentions about having room for 30ppl this year. Good luck all!

4 minutes ago, siitrasn said:

Looks like the MHCI+D team is doing overtime! Just got waitlisted for the program. I don't think I was the best fit for this program, so not surprised.

Best of luck to you guys on acceptances! I'm planning to decline my place in the waitlist since I got in elsewhere.

I was typing at the same time as you were lol.

8 hours ago, siitrasn said:

[Edit] FYI, watilist email mentioned that a group of students has been selected for admission, so I'm guessing acceptances will be going out soon!

@siitrasn what makes you think you were not a best fit?