How many times a day do you click "Results Search"?

herself the elf

Is anyone else clicking on "Results Search" about 10 times per day, driving yourself mad?

Anyone else at the point of considering laying off GradCafe for a while?

And to the lucky few-- does this madness subside when you have an acceptance in hand?

Be glad you only do it 10 times a day. :P

I know that aside from the one I'm visiting next week, most of my schools won't start sending out notifications till next week at the earliest, but still I keep checking.

Glad to find this thread. I have also been checking the results quite a number of times every day, driving myself mad. What makes me sad is that as an international student, I know nothing about other applicants competing for the positions with me. This deprivation of control or prediction over my course really lets me down....

I just created a bookmark tab for my browser of all my application log in pages. Now I can access them instantly with just a click of a button. Maybe this will help cure my obsession. blink.gif

But yes, I check the Results Search daily...more than once..nothing wrong with that. I want to see when my programs start making decisions.

I already use an RSS reader, so I just added the rss feed for the search "math*" to that, so now I don't have to check it.

I did this too, but I found myself clicking on Update a million times, so instead I...

I just created a bookmark tab for my browser of all my application log in pages. Now I can access them instantly with just a click of a button. Maybe this will help cure my obsession. blink.gif

...did this. I open my browser, log into the apps pages to see if anything's changed, then look at the results page and the forum New Content, then close the browser. Then open it again five minutes later to look at the results and forum again. And repeat.

I check the results at least once a day, even though I know that (1) my program will not be releasing any decisions until march and (2) there's only like...two people on this forum who are applying to the same types of programs, let alone the exact same program, and so...really, it's just an obsessive compulsive habit, like biting my nails...damn raggedy things.

I check the results at least once a day, even though I know that (1) my program will not be releasing any decisions until march and (2) there's only like...two people on this forum who are applying to the same types of programs, let alone the exact same program, and so...really, it's just an obsessive compulsive habit, like biting my nails...damn raggedy things.

Yeah... We'll be in touch, I'm sure. :)

How cool would it be if we both got in?!? I would love to know someone in that area already.

I really want to find out about acceptances so I can start obsessing over the city info threads, and give my $0.02 on where I'm living now to people who may be coming here next year. I like this place, and even if I don't get to stay, I want to help other people have a good experience here!

Yeah... We'll be in touch, I'm sure. :)

How cool would it be if we both got in?!? I would love to know someone in that area already.

We would take Cambridge by storm!!!! Let's hope this happens. I can introduce you to so many fun and crazy comp sci people, it will be fun.