last week of january

chocker

good luck everyone. I am planning to sleep from 8 am until 5pm. That's what I did today.

I HIGHLY recommend this. I do this everyday since I'm 12 hrs ahead. I wake up everyday after the end of the business day for all my schools and check my email in hopes of some sort of update. So far it's been generic ones but I'll take it over nothing. Then once that's done I go about my daily life (i.e. browsing gradcafe).

You know it's going to be a long week when...

you can find a deep sense of masochistic frustration/fulfillment watching the calendar date change every morning

seriously, it feels just like the last period before lunch break when you're trying to distract yourself by counting the wrinkles on Miss Homeroom's forehead while you're watching the minutes creep by on the clock that you're convinced is broken.

except now it's not minutes but days. and stress has turned YOUR forehead into Miss Homeroom's.

I HIGHLY recommend this. I do this everyday since I'm 12 hrs ahead. I wake up everyday after the end of the business day for all my schools and check my email in hopes of some sort of update. So far it's been generic ones but I'll take it over nothing. Then once that's done I go about my daily life (i.e. browsing gradcafe).

I did this last year when I applied and was living abroad (9 hours ahead). It was great!

I'm 7 hours ahead of east coast schools at this point, which means I've been getting up as late as possible, etc. etc.

However, universities in my country open next week, and I have to lecture and TA, which means hour after agonising hour... Oh, and also the waiting. PGL.

It's exciting times, all right. I'm not expecting to hear from most of my programs yet, but I unexpectedly got an acceptance to one a couple of days ago, by email. No funding info until March, though, and I'm all about the funding.

Oh also, my classes started on January 11th. I'm on Eastern time and my schedule this semester has a 10 AM class M W F and a 9:30 class T R, so I'm up as soon as or before anyone starts making decisions. :(