UC Berkeley MSW Fall 2017

wokebrowngirl

54 minutes ago, meltoid said:

come on, Berkeley!!! Now you got my coworkers and siblings asking me if I found out yet!

And the answer is... NOT YET!

I know right! Sometimes I wish I just kept it to myself that I applied because I'm tired of people asking the same question: "have you heard from Berkeley". Makes me anxious because I want to know more and more every time someone asks me!

15 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

Officially waitlisted. And so the agony will continue. But at least I know, sorta? 

Wait what? How do you know did you get an email to check? Well honestly waitlisted is not a complete rejection and I hear good outcomes for the waitlist, let's not lose hope yet. Sorry it's not the news you were looking for.

1 minute ago, sophia09791 said:

How did you find out? Did you get an email?

Yes. It's an email that come with pdf attachment for you to look at. It should be the way you find out even if you do or don't get in.

19 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

Officially waitlisted. And so the agony will continue. But at least I know, sorta? 

Sorry to hear that, wokebrowngirl! But not all hope is lost and at least you know something!

8 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

Yes. It's an email that come with pdf attachment for you to look at. It should be the way you find out even if you do or don't get in.

8 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

Not sure why they don't let people know at the same time. Did the application site update too? Ugh

14 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

15 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

Also not sure how the process is but you should reply that your interested on staying on waitlist. I think there is a ranking order. Fingers crossed ?. I sooo much hope if I'm not admitted, I would at least be on the waitlist.

1 minute ago, SmileyPita said:

wow!!! Congratulations!!!!! You just received the email??? 

I did! Yeah. For the record. If you have a mac, it's terrifying because the preview looks like a rejection, but the pdf attached has the actual result.

waitlisted too!!! We did apply for the smallest concentration though.... ugh waiting continues!

38 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

1 minute ago, MSW BOUND 2017 said:

Also not sure how the process is but you should reply that your interested on staying on waitlist. I think there is a ranking order. Fingers crossed ?. I sooo much hope if I'm not admitted, I would at least be on the waitlist.

There is.  The waitlist is not ranked though, it's by group concentration. The deadline to submit my interest in staying on the waitlist in in April. I am not sure what I would like to do and have to think things over so yah. Meltoid, are you going to stay on the waitlist?

Congrats Lunabathory!

1 minute ago, sophia09791 said:

For those that got a decision, can you guys post what you concentration you all applied to?

I applied to the MAP concentration. I thought I responded before, but apparently it didn't post haha.

2 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

There is.  The waitlist is not ranked though, it's by group concentration. The deadline to submit my interest in staying on the waitlist in in April. I am not sure what I would like to do and have to think things over so yah. Meltoid, are you going to stay on the waitlist?

Congrats Lunabathory!

Wokebrowngirl, I already sent in my reply to stay on the waitlist and I think you should too!  Even if you change your mind at least you are on the list.  I just called to see how they will process it.  I know it is by concentration by I want to know how else they choose?  Just first come first serve on who said to be on the waitlist or are we already ranked somehow.

But I also applied to SJSU and CSUMB which are part-time programs and probably more suited for my life but still.... I love Berkeley!  (went there for undergrad).  I kinda like to choose the most crazy options in life.  For instance, I drive 2 hours each way to work because I wanted to work at my old community college! Haha!  But its worth it in the end! 

Come on, Workbrowngirl!  Get on dat waitlist!  (What others schools did you apply to? Maybe we'll end up two woke brown girls in the same program in the end! haha)

Hi ladies! I got in too!!!!!!! I've been following this thread and so happy to see some of you got in or are waitlisted! Question does your letter also say you have to wait for he graduate divisions approval? I want to be excited but want to make sure I'm not the only one....

1 minute ago, Paola said:

Hi ladies! I got in too!!!!!!! I've been following this thread and so happy to see some of you got in or are waitlisted! Question does your letter also say you have to wait for he graduate divisions approval? I want to be excited but want to make sure I'm not the only one....

Congrats! what concentration did you apply to?

I got in!!! I literally started to cry I'm so happy. I was awarded a fellowship as well. So grateful! 

MAP program here I come! 

Is anyone planning on going to the welcoming day? For those waitlisted, fingers crossed for you!

5 minutes ago, meltoid said:

Wokebrowngirl, I already sent in my reply to stay on the waitlist and I think you should too!  Even if you change your mind at least you are on the list.  I just called to see how they will process it.  I know it is by concentration by I want to know how else they choose?  Just first come first serve on who said to be on the waitlist or are we already ranked somehow.

But I also applied to SJSU and CSUMB which are part-time programs and probably more suited for my life but still.... I love Berkeley!  (went there for undergrad).  I kinda like to choose the most crazy options in life.  For instance, I drive 2 hours each way to work because I wanted to work at my old community college! Haha!  But its worth it in the end! 

Come on, Workbrowngirl!  Get on dat waitlist!  (What others schools did you apply to? Maybe we'll end up two woke brown girls in the same program in the end! haha)

Cal was the only school I applied to because of the MAP concentration and because I'm married to a current PhD student at Cal. I also went to Cal for undergrad and I have mixed feelings along with other pressing issues I have to weigh out. I'll throw myself on the mercy of the waitlist BUT we'll see. I have nothing to loose. My good friend  that's in her second year is close to lots of the faculty though so hopefully she can also help me with this process and give better insight. Hope we both make it in!