UC Berkeley MSW Fall 2017

wokebrowngirl

17 hours ago, KaylaJay said:

I also applied to Management and Planning... So maybe we will be classmates! 

That's super cool! When I was at the on campus info session, students from the MAP concentrations said it was one of the smallest of the MSW concentrations and pretty close knit because of that. 

13 hours ago, KaylaJay said:

Nothing yet... Not that I've been obsessively checking or anything ? 

Hopefully we actually hear this week! 

Right?! They're the only school that gave me an actual date range when I would hear so I'm hoping it's soon because I'm waiting on pins and needles!

1 hour ago, Rose2017 said:

Right?! They're the only school that gave me an actual date range when I would hear so I'm hoping it's soon because I'm waiting on pins and needles!

THE WAIT IS UNBEARABLE. I know we got the email with the date range but on their admissions website they added in that they would give notifications out by the 15th. I obsessively check here, the grad results anon page and my email every couple of hours. :(

10 hours ago, wokebrowngirl said:

THE WAIT IS UNBEARABLE. I know we got the email with the date range but on their admissions website they added in that they would give notifications out by the 15th. I obsessively check here, the grad results anon page and my email every couple of hours. :(

That's funny! I am obsessively checking too! I was thinking... "What time on the 15th!!!" Haha so I stayed up 'til midnight thinking maybe it will get sent out at the stroke of midnight, like some Cinderella ish! w

Anyways, applied for MAP too!

Hey folks, didn't see any updates from today. Just thought I'd get the ball rolling by saying I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM UC BERKELEY haha

The waiting game continues.

Anyone waiting on Cal also apply to USC and UCLA? If so, what are some deciding factors for you?

It feels soo good too know I'm not the only one being obsessive. I have even went as far as calling the dept a few times lol. I promised myself not to log into the application site until I get an email because I was checking that non stop? So instead, I just come here to the forums and look for updates from u guys. Somehow after reading all the comments I feel more at ease. Thank you guys for sharing your experience. I hope we all hear soon ?with great news. I feel like I can't schedule a thing this week until I know my results??‍♀️

21 minutes ago, MSW BOUND 2017 said:

It feels soo good too know I'm not the only one being obsessive. I have even went as far as calling the dept a few times lol. I promised myself not to log into the application site until I get an email because I was checking that non stop? So instead, I just come here to the forums and look for updates from u guys. Somehow after reading all the comments I feel more at ease. Thank you guys for sharing your experience. I hope we all hear soon ?with great news. I feel like I can't schedule a thing this week until I know my results??‍♀️

Did they say anything when you called? 

Thank you everyone on this thread for updating us with your status. It's helped me ease my mind too. Here's to hoping we get to spend this weekend celebrating!  

3 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

Did they say anything when you called? 

Thank you everyone on this thread for updating us with your status. It's helped me ease my mind too. Here's to hoping we get to spend this weekend celebrating!  

They said emails should be going out between the 13th and the 17th. Told me I may get a phone call or email given the concentration I applied to.

7 minutes ago, MSW BOUND 2017 said:

They said emails should be going out between the 13th and the 17th. Told me I may get a phone call or email given the concentration I applied to.

what concentration did you apply to? any info on why they're calling some and emailing others?

3 minutes ago, MSW BOUND 2017 said:

Oh snap! A call? Anxiety rising....  :3 Thanks for the update! I'll be sure to pick up 510 area code numbers today. 

I'm having a Schrodinger's cat kind of day. Am both alive and dead, but the admissions folk already know which one and just haven't opened the box to me yet :rolleyes:

I'm driving in between SoCal and Vegas today, so hopefully if they do call it's not when I'm in the mountains. Glad I found all of you to obsess with!

Good luck today everyone!!!!! And may the odds be ever in your favor :ph34r:

3 hours ago, bikesntacos said:

what concentration did you apply to? any info on why they're calling some and emailing others?

I applied to the Children and Families Title IV-E program. I think this concentration may be the only ones with calls, as we were interviewed. I was told sometimes the person notifying us of decisions for this concentration does some calls and some emails.The wait continues....?

Edited by MSW BOUND 2017