Wenner Gren

tidaktahu

1 hour ago, yve4 said:

Anyone know what time they've sent out notifications in the past?

I applied in May of 2018 and made it through the first round. I was notified on August 3rd, sort of late in the morning about moving on to the next review phase.

34 minutes ago, frika said:

I applied in May of 2018 and made it through the first round. I was notified on August 3rd, sort of late in the morning about moving on to the next review phase.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if today will be the day.

2 hours ago, yve4 said:

In this other forum there's speculation that we won't hear until Monday, and that we may need to keep an eye on the online portal. I think everyone's just guessing, and we just need to be patient even though it's hard. Once the news comes, we'll just be waiting for more news a little later down the line!

2 hours ago, yve4 said:

I guess today is gone too! I think last year it was Feb 16 when they let people know about the results of the first round.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:25 PM, cinco said:

Hello, we should here back from WG soon right?

Hi! I feel so...but I haven't heard anything. It should be out, right? I start to have bad feelings....

18 hours ago, Ying88 said:

Hi! I feel so...but I haven't heard anything. It should be out, right? I start to have bad feelings....

It sounds like no one has heard yet, so there's no reason to be down about your prospects. It could just be a difficult transition for Wenner-Gren to their online-only application system. Or some other factor. Either way, their website says that we should hear back by March 1, so we'll have some news by the end of next week no matter what.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:55 PM, frika said:

It sounds like no one has heard yet, so there's no reason to be down about your prospects. It could just be a difficult transition for Wenner-Gren to their online-only application system. Or some other factor. Either way, their website says that we should hear back by March 1, so we'll have some news by the end of next week no matter what.

Thanks, frika!! That's important info! It's already Wednesday morning (ETS)!! Still waiting, good luck to everyone!

5 minutes ago, frika said:

Anything yet today? This waiting is brutal.

Nothing yet. I'm beginning to think that what someone mentioned in the forum you previously linked to is right -- the confirmation e-mail states notifications will go out by the end of March even though the website still says by March 1st.

18 hours ago, yve4 said:

Nothing yet. I'm beginning to think that what someone mentioned in the forum you previously linked to is right -- the confirmation e-mail states notifications will go out by the end of March even though the website still says by March 1st.

Perhaps if we don't hear anything by tomorrow it's worth following up just to confirm when we should expect notifications about the first round. This does seem like a pretty big shift from previous years, as folks typically heard back in mid-February, and the information they provided is conflicting. 

3 hours ago, frika said:

Perhaps if we don't hear anything by tomorrow it's worth following up just to confirm when we should expect notifications about the first round. This does seem like a pretty big shift from previous years, as folks typically heard back in mid-February, and the information they provided is conflicting. 

still nothing here!  I think we should confirm