Wenner Gren

tidaktahu

3 minutes ago, localjustice said:

Just out of curiosity, what score did you get?

I had one positive-only review and two good enough reviews that also pointed out methodologial shortcomings and suggestions for improvement. It was a ressubmition, and last round the first version of my proposal got a 3.67. So definetly reapply if this was your first try.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday, on the application portal, I saw that the stage 2 feedback box was available but empty:) Today, it is not there:)

I guess we can hear the results soon.

Edited by zzzkkk

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, zzzkkk said:

It was updated today again:)

On the application portal, there are some new instructions to fill out some forms, it says, "in order your grant to be paid". But there is no any reviews for the stage 2. The "status" is approved, although I do not remember what it was before.  

21 minutes ago, lemepris said:

Just checked -- my status also says 'approved' now, whereas when I checked earlier today the status was 'submitted'. And I see a bunch of forms to be filled as well. This last edit is dated Oct 7 5 pm ET, to be precise.

My last edit is Oct 7th, 1:43 PM MST. 

I could see the second round reviews on the portal today morning. Received acceptance email at 1:15 ET. 

For what it's worth, I would urge those who did not make it to reapply, especially if this was your first attempt. I was heartbroken when I got rejected last time, but apparently getting the grant in your first attempt is rather unusual and WG prefers repeat applicants. 

1 hour ago, lemepris said:

I could see the second round reviews on the portal today morning. Received acceptance email at 1:15 ET. 

For what it's worth, I would urge those who did not make it to reapply, especially if this was your first attempt. I was heartbroken when I got rejected last time, but apparently getting the grant in your first attempt is rather unusual and WG prefers repeat applicants. 

Same here. Received the acceptance email. at 10:05 MST. Congrats, lemepris:)

I also think that reapplication increases the chance. My previous application was rejected at the first stage but some comments were helpful. Considering that the reapplication process is a part of the process of improving my research project helped me a lot. Good luck, everybody.   

Edited by zzzkkk

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone submitted to Wenner-Gren today? Their new application form is horrendous. I actually submitted twice because the first time line breaks between my paragraphs didn't show up in the PDF that was autogenerated and sent to my email. The second time I tried indents, and it worked a bit better but still its very hard to make out breaks between paragraphs in my submission.

Super frustrated about this :( anyone else experiencing similar issues? 

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 10:31 PM, Scrambled said:

Has anyone submitted to Wenner-Gren today? Their new application form is horrendous. I actually submitted twice because the first time line breaks between my paragraphs didn't show up in the PDF that was autogenerated and sent to my email. The second time I tried indents, and it worked a bit better but still its very hard to make out breaks between paragraphs in my submission.

Super frustrated about this :( anyone else experiencing similar issues? 

Yo the new application is AWFUL. I wish they would have asked for feedback before launching it. 

For future applicants in the May cycle:

• They are trying to "de-identify" the grant, so there is no more CV required, and the bibliography and budgets need to be de-identified. I'm not really sure how this works especially since your proposal explicitly asks you to address yourself and how you are prepared/equipped to do this research.
  • You can no longer preview your grant prior to submission (!!!!!!), so if you need to submit your grant for university internal review you'll have to save each page as a pdf and send it that way. You can adjust the size of the text boxes by dragging the lines in the bottom left corner, then export the page as a PDF or print the page as a PDF. Then you need to get all those single pages in one document.
  • Finally, that submit button at the end does not mean submit the pdf documents to be uploaded (like it was in Survey Monkey platform). It means submit the whole entire grant to the foundation. Luckily, since my institution requires us to go through their internal review I made this mistake 2 weeks early and they released my application back to be. HOWEVER, if you make this mistake, when you do your final submission ALL the documents will be present in your submission (you'll get like 8 pdfs with the old application submission and the new application submission). So then I had to write them again and ask them to make sure the old documents were deleted so that some reviewer out there wasn't reading an old version.

I hope they make changes in the future. That was one of the worst submission experiences I've had.