Wenner Gren

tidaktahu

1 hour ago, winterumn said:

I got a reply saying that we should be hearing about stage 1 next week. They did recognize that there has been a delay. 

Oh, interesting. Did you email separately to ask about decisions?

2 hours ago, winterumn said:

I got a reply saying that we should be hearing about stage 1 next week. They did recognize that there has been a delay. 

wow!thanks for updating the info to us! hope we will hear good new next week!

On 3/1/2019 at 3:03 PM, eacolon said:

Oh, interesting. Did you email separately to ask about decisions?

Yes.

On 3/1/2019 at 4:38 PM, Ying88 said:

wow!thanks for updating the info to us! hope we will hear good new next week!

No worries! Good luck! 

39 minutes ago, frika said:

On to round two! I got an email today just before 2pm. "Approximately one third of Stage Two applicants are successful"

wow!!! Congrats!!!!! i still haven't heard anything... finger crossed!

20 hours ago, Ying88 said:

wow!!! Congrats!!!!! i still haven't heard anything... finger crossed!

If you still haven't heard back, it seems like you can log in to the online application system to see your status.

4 hours ago, frika said:

If you still haven't heard back, it seems like you can log in to the online application system to see your status.

just got the notification, it was sent to my gmail address, not my (edu.) email address.  I‘m heading to stage 2 too!!!! yay!!  hope all of us have good luck in stage 2. 

• 1 month later...

Not Yet!

Did you get the email letting us know that final decisions would be released really close to the May 1 deadline? Or did you, personally, get any news? Crossed fingers, and wishing us both luck!

4 hours ago, ecologaia said:

I'm super nervous, because my multiphase project really needs the Wenner Gren!!

4 hours ago, ecologaia said:

Not Yet!

Did you get the email letting us know that final decisions would be released really close to the May 1 deadline? Or did you, personally, get any news? Crossed fingers, and wishing us both luck!

No. I haven't got any email saying the result will be released really close to May 1st, did you? So they don't give you much time to resubmit? Good luck to everyone!

5 minutes ago, Ying88 said:

No. I haven't got any email saying the result will be released really close to May 1st, did you? So they don't give you much time to resubmit? Good luck to everyone!

Actually, I double checked my email..Yes, they did send out email saying that the result will be very late for this year. I think it may come out next week as earliest? 

1 hour ago, Ying88 said:

Actually, I double checked my email..Yes, they did send out email saying that the result will be very late for this year. I think it may come out next week as earliest? 

Anytime!! It could be any day between now and May 1st, but since they normally say they'll let you know two weeks ahead of the next deadline, I am guessing it will be closer to May 1st than to now. Suffering in the wait with you, fingers crossed!

39 minutes ago, colalalala said:

I just got an email requesting more information, while also saying there is no need to resubmit for 5/1!

I got the same e-mail. This is supposed to be good news right? I checked the posts from last years, it seems like the ones who received this e-mail eventually got the funding. What do you think?

Edited by cinco

36 minutes ago, cinco said:

I got the same e-mail. This is supposed to be good news right? I checked the posts from last years, it seems like the ones who received this e-mail eventually got the funding. What do you think?

I think so! My friend (received it last year) told me that's pretty standard for WG.

hi! did you folks also see your reviews? usually those aren't released until after the final decisions are made, so it's weirding me out a bit to get the email about budget and also see my rating... would love to know if its the same accross the board.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:33 AM, trogdorburninator said:

hi! did you folks also see your reviews? usually those aren't released until after the final decisions are made, so it's weirding me out a bit to get the email about budget and also see my rating... would love to know if its the same accross the board.

Yes, I can see the number as well as the reviews, and I was also weirded out by the combination of these and the revised budget request. I have asked a lot of people and no one has recounted to me a case in which someone submitted a revised budget and did not get the award. But who's to say? WG tweeted on 16th that they sent all applicants either decision or request for information "to continue our review," which sounds like a clear indication not to count on anything.

thanks @Harlan Pepper, makes me feel a little less skeeved out about it. I also am under the impression that if you get the request for budget $, you get the $ - at least thats the perception in my department and what seems relatively true from my long-ass time spend mining the boards. I also have no idea what "numbers" usually make it to the funding stage. seems like it changes year to year and previously, the folks who actually were awarded didn't see their "score", only those who were declined. I just go a bit nuts for data/like to know how I stand, I suppose.