Playwriting MFAs

dampka

12 minutes ago, pinkornament said:

UT Austin, UCSD, Hunter, Northwestern, and given what people have mentioned I'm probably out for the count on all four of those, the script reading lottery works in mysterious ways

I hope you saw our Hunter discussion from last night--I wouldn't give up hope on that one, at least. :)

I wish there was a little more transparency regarding what these programs would like to see. Otherwise, it feels like submitting to programs at random and just hoping there's at least one person on the committee who likes your style. And I totally get it's subjective and everything, but some of these applications are so expensive that "chance" knowing just a little bit about whether their committee is looking for quiet kitchen sink dramas or wacky experimental stuff would definitely inform my decision on whether to apply. 

But anyway, I'm NOT going to complain anymore because good vibes only. :D 

13 minutes ago, shortymcshortz said:

Has anyone heard back from Columbia? Or emailed Columbia. 

Nothing (haven't asked). Seems that interviews go out around March 7-8th? From what I saw on the thread. 

22 minutes ago, Ezra Brain said:

Shit, I'm sorry. That's a good attitude though. How did you get notified? Email or on the website?

Same here -- got an email saying "status updated." Checked the website and it was a nice form rejection letter saying they accept 3 a year. 

Edited by eurialo

5 hours ago, eurialo said:

Same here -- got an email saying "status updated." Checked the website and it was a nice form rejection letter saying they accept 3 a year. 

51 minutes ago, Ezra Brain said:

Sameee. With this and radio silence from Hunter this week I'm in this uncomfortable holding pattern lol. 

Then take that as you guys must of made it to the second round. Because no news is good news. I wish you y’all luck. 

Just now, shortymcshortz said:

So far I’ve been rejected from Yale and CMU. I had an interview with Northwestern. I’m waiting to hear back from Columbia, Brown, UCSD, and NYU for Playwriting, and UCLA and USC for Screenwriting. 

Stay strong friend, this process sucks. How was the Northwestern interview?

14 hours ago, Ezra Brain said:

Sameee. With this and radio silence from Hunter this week I'm in this uncomfortable holding pattern lol. 

i interviewed w/ Hunter yesterday at 3pm(EST). They said I was their first interview so they're just starting the process

22 minutes ago, Agez said:

i interviewed w/ Hunter yesterday at 3pm(EST). They said I was their first interview so they're just starting the process

Was it by chance a Skype/video interview? I know they like to do in person interviews for those who can, and I happened to notice that many of us who didn't hear anything live in the NY area, so maybe I'm just trying to hold on to hope but I have a working theory they might be trying to get the long distance interviews done in one shot before they contact those of us nearby. 

1 hour ago, space94 said:

Was it by chance a Skype/video interview? I know they like to do in person interviews for those who can, and I happened to notice that many of us who didn't hear anything live in the NY area, so maybe I'm just trying to hold on to hope but I have a working theory they might be trying to get the long distance interviews done in one shot before they contact those of us nearby. 

They did ask if I was nearby, so instead we did the Skype interview. I also think I just had the most availability which is why it was so early 

51 minutes ago, Dongato said:

No word from Brown for anyone? This is the main one I’m waiting on at this juncture. (Besides the long radio silence of UT Austin) 

No word here from either