March 1st, 2017 - Progress Report

RurikNjalsson

Seems to me that the traffic on GradCafe has slowed down some over the past few weeks, which suggests that people are hopefully making decisions about their programs! Who here wants to commiserate over the fact that no graduate programs have released decisions for them yet? That's where I'm at and it's a tad nerve-wracking. 

I have yet to hear back from any program I applied to, and at this point, im expecting a rejection, but still holding onto to a tiny bit of hope. I hate suffering the wait, knowing would at least allow me to start putting in work for a plan B knowing im not wasting my time. :/

I have applied to 4 Phd and 1 MA program in Psychology, and only heard back from the two Phd programs I applied to. Rejected from both, and they were Ivy League :) I am assuming rejections from the other two Phd programs (both state schools) since i haven't received any interview requests. My hopes are high for the masters program, but I need a very good scholarship to go there, as an international student, I definitely can't afford both living expenses and the tuition.

I am also still waiting to hear from all three schools I applied.

I know one of the schools have already sent out acceptance emails so I am pinning my hope for the remaining two schools, although technically all three schools are long shots. orz

I'm in an annoyingly intermediate place as well...one rejection, one waitlist, one informal yes-we-think-will-get-back-to-you chat with POI, one acceptance with nothing about funding yet, and two still waiting. So this could still all turn out great, or still go way downhill and end basically a total shut out, which feels weird at this stage when a lot of the information would seem to be in!

Two rejections but still waiting on my last and best fit.  A contact told me they still haven't made decisions.  Should be any day now hopefully.

Edited by bgjoecool27