Celebratory Song

Smaudge

For me, it's always that instrumental portion of

(2:35) by Coldplay. Picture me opening the envelope, then slow-motion running down a street waving the flapping piece of paper in my outstretched hand. Around "lights will guide you home," I'll probably end in a freeze frame fist pump into the air, a la Breakfast Club. Bliss.

Does anyone else have a mental soundtrack in case you get accepted?

Edited by Smaudge

Kanye West - "Good Life"

I'll be dancing around my room to this, if I get into one of seven schools I applied for.

Oh, and also Fort Minor's "Remember the Name", the number one song used for badass martial arts showreels on Youtube. This song makes me want to throw on a wifebeater and giant bling and yell "F^ck yeah!!" out my window.

Edited by luar de ouro

"Square Nothing" by In Flames. Seemed like a good way to kick out the nagging doubts before my first acceptance today :)

"Spent some quality time

with the demon of mine:

I said, 'I like the way you struggled

but you KNOW I'm here to win.' "

Ditto on "Fame" for the first post-acceptance freak-out dance. However, "Damn It Feels Good to Be A Gangsta" will be playing during my slow motion montage where I'm walking through the airport, arriving for visitation weekends, and slow-bounce walking through my new campus.

"Damn It Feels Good to Be A Gangsta" will be playing during my slow motion montage where I'm walking through the airport, arriving for visitation weekends, and slow-bounce walking through my new campus.

Yes, this exactly. Ha!

When I got my good news, I found myself listing to "Be Somebody" by the Kings of Leon (not "Use Somebody," different song) over and over: "Given the chance, I'm gonna beeeeeee somebody!"

Then yesterday at work, while I was watching more and more acceptances for programs I'd applied to go up on the results page (and being bummed because I was not hearing anything myself), my boss was blasting "Tuesday's Gone" on repeat. Seemed appropriate.

For rejections, a very good song would be That Thing You Do.

You...doing that thing you do...breaking my heart into a million pieces...You don't need to be cruel...I tried and tried to forget [your school] but it's just so hard to do...

However, I am hoping that it does not come to this.

Kanye West - "Good Life"

I'll be dancing around my room to this, if I get into one of seven schools I applied for.

Oh, and also Fort Minor's "Remember the Name", the number one song used for badass martial arts showreels on Youtube. This song makes me want to throw on a wifebeater and giant bling and yell "F^ck yeah!!" out my window.

Remember the Name!! Yes!! I was just about to post that, too!!!! B)

Regardless of your feelings towards rap music, this song fits the application and graduate school processes, perfectly.

• 1 year later...