Johns Hopkins SAIS 2017

2 hours ago, KhalifehA said:

Thank you Habibi! Mabrouk to you too!

Where did you apply other than SAIS bologna?

I applied to Georgetown, GWU, American, Texas, and Denver also. The only way I'll turn down SAIS is if Georgetown offers a lot of money which is unlikely. 

6 hours ago, Harrisite said:

In, no funding.  Pretty happy with the acceptance though, considering the lack of prestige of my undergrad school and my lack of work experience.  Congrats everyone!

Congratulations! Accepted but with no funding.. will have to figure this part out. I'm awaiting decision from one from School in the UK before I take the final decision. 

Accepted to MIEF and their MA program in DC. Received a $30K fellowship for MIEF but I have not yet received anything for the MA. A quant-focused 11 month program is very enticing so I'm extremely excited for the funding. Is anyone else considering MIEF?

In general, I know people can ask for more funding. However, if you haven't received any at all, can you still email to try to get more? (I'm sure a lot of people who receive funding turn it down)

5 hours ago, nebula said:

In general, I know people can ask for more funding. However, if you haven't received any at all, can you still email to try to get more? (I'm sure a lot of people who receive funding turn it down)

I believe I read in a past year's thread that if you didn't receive funding then you're not going to. It also said that ~50% of 2nd year students receive some kind of funding. 

Hey guys, quick question for everyone who didn't get funding: are you going to go for it anyway? I got in at GWU with a nice little fellowship... but nothing at SAIS. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it and if anyone else is going for gold despite almost six figures of debt :/

3 hours ago, Elby_Arr3876 said:

Hey guys, quick question for everyone who didn't get funding: are you going to go for it anyway? I got in at GWU with a nice little fellowship... but nothing at SAIS. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it and if anyone else is going for gold despite almost six figures of debt :/

I'm in the same boat here. Got into SAIS and SIPA but no funding for either. I emailed an appeal to SAIS financial aid but i'm not holding my breath for that to go anywhere. I have every intention of going to SAIS because it's a kick ass program and I feel like I'm more likely to get a job after graduating that will allow me to at least make minimum payments on a huge amount of student loans, but the question is... is it doable to take out enough federal loans to cover full tuition and cost of living in DC? I have very, very little money saved and I'm pulling minimum wage with no help from my family. Anyone have some insight based on past experiences with large amounts of loans?

On 3/13/2017 at 8:13 AM, paradc said:

For those who did receive aid, does anyone know if we're able to ask for more/ if people in the past have been successful? 

I was admitted in December and received some aid.  I asked for little more, but didn't get any.  I'm not sure if that is a common result, but it was my experience.

@YunaCamel Thank you so much! I got a full ride for the Ford School's MPP program at the University of Michigan. I'm happy; they are not an IR program but they have a ton of faculty that are interested in international policy. They have a former diplomat who teaches there permanently and a Diplomat in Residence as well. Sad that I won't be in DC, but I think my career will take me there in the future. Best of luck to you with your grad school decision and pursuits! 

39 minutes ago, RS- Tz said:

Hello everyone,

Is anyone who's already been accepted to the MA program put on IDEV wait list ? Curious? Additionally is there an FB/ linkedin forum for accepted candidates? 

Admissions started sending out Facebook invites yesterday to admitted candidates. The membership has continued growing today, so I think the invites are still going out. Make sure your Facebook email is linked to your application email. 

10 hours ago, BluffIR said:

Admissions started sending out Facebook invites yesterday to admitted candidates. The membership has continued growing today, so I think the invites are still going out. Make sure your Facebook email is linked to your application email. 

Thanks a lot. I Just linked my application email with Fb. It's good to know.

Anybody else accepted to the Hopkins Nanjing Center Certificate + SAIS MA 5 semester option? Got $50k fellowship for total program here. Is more than I was offered from Fletcher and Elliott ($28k) and SIPA (nothing, ha). Waiting to hear from Georgetown, but this was my top choice. Barring some huge surprise, my decision will be an easy one.

11 hours ago, Ariel Chiang said:

GWU Elliott offers me 7000 per semester, SAIS, nothing. 

I'm in agony :(

I am in the same boat here. Exact same funding from GWU too, but throw in SIPA (no funding either) to the decision mix. What to do, what to do!! 

On 17/03/2017 at 8:11 AM, RS- Tz said:

Thanks a lot. I Just linked my application email with Fb. It's good to know.

If you are yet to be added to the fb group, send the admissions team a mail with your fb name.