SSRHC 2017/2018 - CGS-M

Adelaide9216

8 hours ago, Noctiv said:

I received an offer from alternate status on Monday. Presumably it is instant/automatic, where the system just moves up the list to next person and makes the offer.

Thanks so much and congrats!!

As far as alternates being automatically offered after declines -- if you read the instructions given for the school administrators using the research portal:  http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/ResearchPortalInfo_eng.asp --  it doesn't appear to be automated.  They actually have to manually make offers to alternates.  So it's possible that some schools wait the 21 days then send out all alternate offers at once.

On 4/5/2017 at 11:33 AM, Noctiv said:

I received an offer from alternate status on Monday. Presumably it is instant/automatic, where the system just moves up the list to next person and makes the offer.

Did you get a status change email?

27 minutes ago, NB_MSW2016 said:

I am an alternate at U of T (SSHRC). Dying to know where I am on the list. Does anyone know if U of T releases this information?

I would just ask - time is of the essence right now! Practically guaranteed they get asked it all the time anyways :) 

21 minutes ago, Noctiv said:

I would just ask - time is of the essence right now! Practically guaranteed they get asked it all the time anyways :) 

I emailed the awards office and my department, but no response yet ... grr!

On April 4, 2017 at 0:33 PM, rgood said:

Thanks Summer! I was able to contact them and found out I'm 2... fingers friggin crossed

Did you end up getting an offer in the past few days @rgood? I'm curious if they make the offers on a rolling basis, or whether they wait until the 21 day period of decision has passed...

16 hours ago, Neposydko said:

Did you end up getting an offer in the past few days @rgood? I'm curious if they make the offers on a rolling basis, or whether they wait until the 21 day period of decision has passed...

I'm still waiting, so I figure it's the 21 day thing.

The waiting game continues. Fingers cross that I will move up on the alternate list. I do know that one of my peers already moved up and had an offer, but declined as they opted to go to another university. 

14 hours ago, Saiyph said:

The waiting game continues. Fingers cross that I will move up on the alternate list. I do know that one of my peers already moved up and had an offer, but declined as they opted to go to another university. 

What school is this for, Saiyph?

My fingers are crossed for you too :) 

5 hours ago, NB_MSW2016 said:

What school is this for, Saiyph?

My fingers are crossed for you too :) 

Calgary,

Thank you very much!

Edited by Saiyph

1 hour ago, Purkachu said:

Are you attending UCalgary this Fall, or are you waiting for CGS-M before you decide?

I have already accepted at UCalgary, as they have a fairly solid guaranteed funding package already. :)

47 minutes ago, Saiyph said:

I have already accepted at UCalgary, as they have a fairly solid guaranteed funding package already. :)

what is your program? I will also join UCalgary this Fall, and I'm also waiting if I can move up for the CGS-M

55 minutes ago, Purkachu said:

what is your program? I will also join UCalgary this Fall, and I'm also waiting if I can move up for the CGS-M

Psychology. How about yourself?

So I'm not sure if there are still Carleton alternates in this thread, but if there are:

Update: So I called the SSHRC rep at Carleton and apparently SSHRCs are offered to alternates on a rolling basis, and they do not have to wait until the 21 day period has passed to offer a declined SSHRC to an alternate.