Georgetown MSFS 2017

6 hours ago, netflixnchili said:

Found out that I got in after seeing people post on here. Glad itss my day off of work bcuz I was fist pumping for like 5 minutes. Super excited to be able to choose between SFS and SIPA. The wait it over guys!

hey there, so which school are you more likely to choose? :) 

21 minutes ago, Katekm said:

hey there, so which school are you more likely to choose? :) 

i'm leaning sfs bcuz i plan to work in d.c. after graduation, its cohort size, and its job placement in the field I want to go into; state or dod. It will be difficult to decide since I cannot easily disregard SIPA's location nor its seemingly limitless classes and faculty. What are your thoughts? Are you planning to attend any open houses? 

19 minutes ago, netflixnchili said:

i'm leaning sfs bcuz i plan to work in d.c. after graduation, its cohort size, and its job placement in the field I want to go into; state or dod. It will be difficult to decide since I cannot easily disregard SIPA's location nor its seemingly limitless classes and faculty. What are your thoughts? Are you planning to attend any open houses? 

For the same reasons, i'm still not sure what to choose yet. not to mention good faculty members and geographical advantages, both schools seem to provide a number opportunities for internships and future career after graduation. I'm interested in working for int'l org and UN internship is definitely one of the things i wanna try out during the study. Guess the biggest difference would be the class size. I really wanna attend open houses, but since I'm in Seoul, Korea now, not totally sure yet. What about you? Are you planning to attend? oh and did you get any funding from both schools? Funding is another issue for me..

21 hours ago, Katekm said:

For the same reasons, i'm still not sure what to choose yet. not to mention good faculty members and geographical advantages, both schools seem to provide a number opportunities for internships and future career after graduation. I'm interested in working for int'l org and UN internship is definitely one of the things i wanna try out during the study. Guess the biggest difference would be the class size. I really wanna attend open houses, but since I'm in Seoul, Korea now, not totally sure yet. What about you? Are you planning to attend? oh and did you get any funding from both schools? Funding is another issue for me..

pm sent

• 2 weeks later...

For those waitlisted for funding--does anyone know if there's any benefit to accepting MSFS now vs. holding out until after April 20th to weigh another offer? Any insight as to how the MSFS funding waitlist is handled? Thanks!

1 hour ago, kp_jabalí said:

For those waitlisted for funding--does anyone know if there's any benefit to accepting MSFS now vs. holding out until after April 20th to weigh another offer? Any insight as to how the MSFS funding waitlist is handled? Thanks!

MSFS Admissions sent an email to outline the funding waitlist process - basically, those offered funding have up to 23 Apr to accept/decline the offer, and if any money frees up, they start contacting people on the waitlist.

10 hours ago, zling said:

MSFS Admissions sent an email to outline the funding waitlist process - basically, those offered funding have up to 23 Apr to accept/decline the offer, and if any money frees up, they start contacting people on the waitlist.

I know that, I'm just wondering if there's any strategy for funding waitlisters to accept MSFS now or to wait? In other words, I'm curious as to how the waitlist is handled if/when funding frees up and whether holding out makes you more or less likely to receive funding off the waitlist? I'm assuming this is hard to determine, just curious to know if there's a strategy either way before I move forward. I've been told by admissions that the funding waitlist is unranked but it has got to be ordered in some way to reach out to a select number of folks if/when the time comes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 9:24 PM, MAstudent92 said:

Just curious - did you put a deposit down somewhere else and notify gu?

Me? No, I ultimately accepted the MSFS offer and declined my other outstanding offer at SIPA. 

Edited by kp_jabalí