I think it depends on how deep you are on the waitlist and how popular the school is. If its a popular school, i would assume its harder to get off the waitlist. I would email the person in charge and ask to meet with them on the phone to discuss your application and re-express your interest.

Try your hardest to relax. Easier said than done, i know. It sucks feeling ike your life is in limbo, but try to live as normal as possible.

Hi - I don't have much information on this topic, but I'll offer up some (probably vague) idea of what I do know.

Obviously it depends on each university, but most universities have a deadline of April 15th for people who were already offered admission to accept. This means that probably a lot of people (unfortunately) are waiting to make their decision - totally understandable because everyone should make the right decision, but also sucks for waiting list.

I think some schools do "rolling" admissions from the waitlist as people decline the offer, but I'm not sure who all that includes. It's probably "safe" to say that many won't start offering spots to the waiting list until after April 15th. 

Hope that helped a little, and feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong :)

24 minutes ago, Speechster said:

I think it depends on how deep you are on the waitlist and how popular the school is. If its a popular school, i would assume its harder to get off the waitlist. I would email the person in charge and ask to meet with them on the phone to discuss your application and re-express your interest.

Try your hardest to relax. Easier said than done, i know. It sucks feeling ike your life is in limbo, but try to live as normal as possible.

Thank you for responding! I applied to 12 schools and so far I have only heard back from 4. I am on the waitlist at all 4, so I am definitely anxious. I emailed all of the schools as soon as I heard, but I may follow up to try to see where I stand on the waitlist.

25 minutes ago, Callen said:

Hi - I don't have much information on this topic, but I'll offer up some (probably vague) idea of what I do know.

Obviously it depends on each university, but most universities have a deadline of April 15th for people who were already offered admission to accept. This means that probably a lot of people (unfortunately) are waiting to make their decision - totally understandable because everyone should make the right decision, but also sucks for waiting list.

I think some schools do "rolling" admissions from the waitlist as people decline the offer, but I'm not sure who all that includes. It's probably "safe" to say that many won't start offering spots to the waiting list until after April 15th. 

Hope that helped a little, and feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong :)

Thank you for the response! I hadn't thought about the April 15th deadline, so that gives me a better idea of a timeframe. William Paterson said that they should let me know of a decision by April 17th, which makes sense with the April 15th deadline. 

3 minutes ago, jessie_lee said:

If it makes you feel any better,  I was accepted off of a waitlist, and so were several of my cohort members. :)

Yes! That makes me feel much better!!! Thank you.  :) 

I applied to 9 schools. I got denied from 5 schools and then I'm on the waiting list for one. I'm still waiting to hear back from the other schools. I'm so nervous! I hope you get in!!

I was waitlisted at two schools last year, and I applied to one of them again this year and they rejected me. I'm holding out on one more school's response which could still be two weeks out, and they have accepted a lot from their waitlist in the past.

Good luck :)

I'm on the Tier One waitlist at Pacific.

It's my top choice but I have no idea how many people are on the Tier One with me but I just saw last night on the Results page that someone is not taking their spot at Pacific because they got in somewhere they like better.

I can't even explain the feelings I'm going through right now! :D

37 minutes ago, Akon said:

It's my top choice but I have no idea how many people are on the Tier One with me but I just saw last night on the Results page that someone is not taking their spot at Pacific because they got in somewhere they like better.

Ahhh good luck!! Hope you get that spot ?

38 minutes ago, Akon said:

Ahhh positive vibes sent your way!