What are you doing right now?

monkeefugg

I'm reclining in bed and watching 'New York: Section Criminelle' ('Law & Order: Criminal Intent' in France)

considering watching my X-Files dvds b/c this French dub is somewhat vexingly bad

Detective Goren's verbal communication carries that show :(

*sigh

is anyone else depressed ?

I have literally just crossed over into obsession. I had resolved to stay breezy until March and was surprisingly unconcerned through January, but as of today I'm checking this website and my email over and over and over. I can't stop! A few decisions are up for some of my schools now, which I think triggered this, and now I'm agonizing over what it means that I haven't heard yet, etc., etc.!! At least we can all commiserate :)

I'm really bored, but I shouldn't be. I should be reading stuff for my classes! I think 90% of the people who check this site regularly are probably depressed - not a good feeling knowing there are committees of strangers out there glossing over our carefully compiled applications, and possibly tossing them right out.

Not depressed, just anxious. About 5 minutes ago, I was entering my email address for something unrelated and typed a hybrid of my two addresses into the field. Then I began to wonder if maybe I made that same mistake on my app. I'm thinking surely not, but that is probably something I didn't obsessively check and recheck.

I am currently obsessing with this site and also checking the school's website (the one that I applied to) over and over and over and over again. oh also checking the results search page every 5 minutes to see if anyone from any of the programs I applied to have had response yet. I should be working but I can't seem to concentrate so i am just sitting at my desk looking at the clock until I can get home and check my mail.

It is nice to know that I am not the only one agonizing over the results and nice to know that we can all be miserable/anxious together !! :)

I have literally just crossed over into obsession. I had resolved to stay breezy until March and was surprisingly unconcerned through January, but as of today I'm checking this website and my email over and over and over. I can't stop!

ARGH, I know. It's like as soon as the month changed to February I turned psychotic. Fortunately I've gotten a response from one of my interviews and solid information regarding when I can expect a decision from the two others, so hopefully that should calm this obsession somewhat. At least until the middle of the month, when, according to past surveys, the next batch of schools I've applied to start sending out interview invitations. tongue.gif

Wondering if the faculty at these places had any idea of what we're going through. I figure if they knew the anguish, they'd move the process along faster and end this. Have they no kindess?

Otherwise... hitting F5 every few minutes. Wishing I still worked as a server or some other job where I didn't have easy access to a computer all day long. Eating banuelos. Adding Groundhog Day to the instant watch Netflix queue.

Oh man, you all know where it's at

I want to be smoking

and drinking diet soda and watching Colbert

Damn Paris! There's no Colbert here.

Is anything interesting happening in America?

I think I'm losing touch with reality more and more

I guess that'll happen when you hole yourself up in your dark room and watch episode after episode of the X-Files til your metabolic functions slow down to the point of grave fatigue and depression.

Wish I had a gun, and could wave it around in a hot-headed attempt to learn THE TRUTH about the majestic consortium's conspiracy to cover up knowledge of the black oil and the shapeshifters and the greys--with whom they may possibly be collaborating

Also, I want mega-large canvases on which to paint my non-representational visual musings

:unsure:

PLUGGS :(

PS-- Also, I find myself suddenly craving a pear, but as it is 12:47 am, I must resist this inexplicable desire to consume a vegetal food item... :(

Edited by monkeefugg

Other than the obsessive checking like ya'll I'm trying to also do constructive things like teach myself Spanish via on-line classes, teaching myself how to make websites (I taught myself flash, built myself a website and now my friends are asking if I'm for hire with website building! Hello cash flow! Perhaps if the grad school thing doesn't work I can become a web designer) and trying to figure out what crazy thing I'm gonna do if I don't get in...or even if I do. I decided that if I don't get in I'll get a really little demure tattoo (as if I'm a teenager my parents -who overheard me telling a friend this-told me "What are you going to get a tattoo for?! Don't do that. Tattoos are body graffiti!!!!"). If I do get into grad school, when I graduate, I'll still get the tat. I'm keeping myself busy designing my dream tat now.

I am teaching myself how to knit (via youtube). Learning to knit is so frustrating that I forget to worry about my applications.

Today, I also received a fortune cookie message that said "Good things come to those who wait. Be patient." When I read this, I nearly fell off my chair laughing (probably in skepticism).

Maybe this is a good sign???? :blink:

I'm pulling out my old "Intro to German" book and relearning everything. Might come in handy one day if I need to give out some classroom commands to German kids?

Öffnen Sie das Buch, bitte.

At any rate, it was a New Year's resolution of mine. (Right under: get into graduate school)

I just found out that i am 100% going somewhere next year as I received my first admittance. smile.gif:)smile.gif:)

Congrats!! It is a great feeling! I got my first admittance a week or so ago and I like knowing that if nothing else I have that one school.

As for what I am doing other than obsessing over the results list...baking cookies, listening to music, and grading statistics homework...Oh boy! haha

I thought burying myself under a mountain of work (6 upper-level lit classes, 1 regular job, 1 RAship) would be enough of a protection from the craziness..

And here I am. 9:30 am on a Thursday, I'm up baking cookies/reading for class/doing research for work/exercising on my stepper/and checking, checking, checking.

Damn the multiple tab option on Safari!!!!

I'm trying to stop procrastinating on every single homework assignment... I always find myself on this site (or NYTimes) instead of getting work done! Hopefully this will improve once I know where I'm going in the Fall.