BSW Admissions 2017!!

bswhopeful

On 2017-04-01 at 5:33 AM, Adelaide9216 said:

I did my BSW at McGill, if you have any questions, feel free to inbox me ;-)

Hello, I have applied for the McGill social work program this fall and tried to get in touch with anyone inside tue department for questions but bo reply- hopefully you can help me. In a nutshell, volunteering-wise I have more than 1200 hours in a year span, 600 hours in Canada split in 6 organizations including crisi centre, MDABC where I was a mood disorder facilitator, and Canadian cancer society. I was a social mentor to immigrants and a young adults mentor to kids with mental illness. The other 600+ hours, under same bilingual school, I volunteer as a gr3 teacher and a tutor. I also launched an anti bullying campaign at my school which is unprecedented. For the essay, it would have been nice for McGill to essays that managed to get in- that way I know in what level my essay should be although I'm very confident with mine. My grades are just within what they're looking for. Hopefully you can help clear my concerns. 

4 minutes ago, globetrotter09 said:

Hello, I have applied for the McGill social work program this fall and tried to get in touch with anyone inside the department for questions but no reply- hopefully you can help me. In a nutshell, volunteering-wise I have more than 1200 hours in a year span, 600 hours in Canada split in 6 organizations including crisi centre, MDABC where I was a mood disorder facilitator, and Canadian cancer society. I was a social mentor to immigrants and a young adults mentor to kids with mental illness. The other 600+ hours, under same bilingual school in Honduras, I volunteer as a gr3 teacher and a tutor for half a year. I also launched an anti bullying campaign at my school which is unprecedented. I took several trainings and certifications which include safeTALK and ASIST to help people with suicide tendencies. For the essay, it would have been nice for McGill to post essays that managed to get in- that way I know in what level my essay should be although I'm very confident with mine. My grades are just within what they're looking for. Hopefully you can help clear my concerns.  

2 hours ago, globetrotter09 said:
2 hours ago, globetrotter09 said:

Hello, I have applied for the McGill social work program this fall and tried to get in touch with anyone inside the department for questions but no reply- hopefully you can help me. In a nutshell, volunteering-wise I have more than 1200 hours in a year span, 600 hours in Canada split in 6 organizations including crisi centre, MDABC where I was a mood disorder facilitator, and Canadian cancer society. I was a social mentor to immigrants and a young adults mentor to kids with mental illness. The other 600+ hours, under same bilingual school in Honduras, I volunteer as a gr3 teacher and a tutor for half a year. I also launched an anti bullying campaign at my school which is unprecedented. I took several trainings and certifications which include safeTALK and ASIST to help people with suicide tendencies. For the essay, it would have been nice for McGill to post essays that managed to get in- that way I know in what level my essay should be although I'm very confident with mine. My grades are just within what they're looking for. Hopefully you can help clear my concerns.  

You sound like a very strong applicant! I wouldn't be too worried. You applied for Fall 2018? 

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I realize that this thread began last year, but I was hoping to get some feedback regarding the BSW program (distance) at Dalhousie. I was accepted to Lakeheads 1 year HBSW and am waiting to hear back from Dalhousie (in mid-May). Would anyone (from Dalhousie or Lakehead) be willing to share some of their experiences/thoughts with me?

Thank you ?