Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Diss Funding

LisaRog

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DoE doesn't contact you, they go through your coordinator. I'm pretty sure the automated email from the DoE re: the IRIS thing was because my coordinator set it up on her end. Everything else has come from her, NOT direct communication from DoE.

I would get in touch with whoever is in charge of DDRA at your university and ask.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm also an alternate. Another person from my department was also listed and he found out at the end of June that he's receiving it. Do you know if we can find out where we are on the list or lists?? Keep the faith.

Has anyone who is an alternate heard anything? My admin says it is usually in July that most people here (though it can obviously stretch out to Sept.)...

Thanks!

Hey-

Keep you fingers crossed! My admin told me that there is no distinct way to know, and that they never disclose where anyone is on the list. Also, it is of course decided region, $$ amount and other things. So unless your friend is going to the same area as you, it doesn't indicate anything about your own standing. Good luck and let me/ us know if some good news comes your way!

Hi,

I'm also an alternate. Another person from my department was also listed and he found out at the end of June that he's receiving it. Do you know if we can find out where we are on the list or lists?? Keep the faith.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck trying to figure out what they mean by "research clearance" for the country? I presume the visa relates to paperwork from the university or institutional affiliation, but is this the same thing as "research clearance"???

• 1 month later...

Just a late follow up for next years applicants who might review this- I received word of my advancement from alternate to getting an actual award on Aug 27, when I had long given up hope! So hang in there, they really do mean until Sept. :)