Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Diss Funding

LisaRog

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently announcements are coming "today or tomorow" (e.g. 4/27 or 4/28).

alas. so much anxiety and stress and probably all for nothing...

Could you tell us where you heard that "apparently announcements are coming "today or tomorow" (e.g. 4/27 or 4/28)"?

i joined just to let you guys know - the FB DDRA list is out. your co-ordinator will probably get in touch/ mail out letters today. i kept pestering mine, so she emailed me to let me know i'm alternate (sigh).

I know it doesn't feel like it right this sec, but congratulations.

Hi All-

Just wanted to let you know that my admin has not received any notification from Fulbright yet. She expects to hear today OR tomorrow, so this process may space out over a day or more... Good luck!!!

I know it doesn't feel like it right this sec, but congratulations.

It would be helpful if, when you post definitive news about being accepted, you also give the name of your university (i.e. if you are comfortable with giving out that info:))

<br />It would be helpful if, when you post definitive news about being accepted, you also give the name of your university (i.e. if you are comfortable with giving out that info:))<br />
<br /><br /><br />

actually, i'm not very comfortable with social networking, but thought i'd join this group only because so many people were anxious (like me). my sincere apologies for being unaware that all universities aren't informed at the same time. i hope i haven't upped anxiety levels.

good luck to all of you. and jenali, thank you for your wishes.

just received an award from F-H ddra, as indicated in an email from my institutional coordinator. alternates were indicated in this same correspondence to coordinators from F-H. rejection letters were sent to institutions, and they may not have received them yet. that does not mean that all institutions have received acceptance emails. this info is from a university in boston that is not harvard. best of luck to all. i know the wait has been killing me.

Still no news. Slowly going insane. But as I'm on the West Coast and our work day starts a bit later...looks like I just have to stay twitchy for a few more hours and stop succumbing to the feeling that no news is bad news.

I'm an alternate, and would be interested to know what other alternates heard about their chances of actually being awarded something and the rules about accepting otherawards in the meanwhile?

Thanks!

Hi all, new poster here. My program is in San Francisco. This forum has been very helpful in alleviating my stress about the DDRA application. I go to a very small school and nobody from our school has ever applied for any of the Fulbright programs before now.

Anyway, just to let you know, we haven't gotten any letters yet. So I'm guessing that if anybody is reading this on the West Coast, they haven't heard, either. If you have, shout out!

Anybody here got an acceptance letter yet? It seems like mostly alternates have been notified...?

1272488632' post=150567]

Hi all, new poster here. My program is in San Francisco. This forum has been very helpful in alleviating my stress about the DDRA application. I go to a very small school and nobody from our school has ever applied for any of the Fulbright programs before now.

Anyway, just to let you know, we haven't gotten any letters yet. So I'm guessing that if anybody is reading this on the West Coast, they haven't heard, either. If you have, shout out!

Anybody here got an acceptance letter yet? It seems like mostly alternates have been notified...?

I'm also on the West Coast and have not heard. I'm expecting the worst and preparing myself for it... but I'll let you all know when I hear. Alternate status and/or rejection seems to be more popular this year than usual. I wonder if there are financial hold-ups on the federal budget side of things?

I'm at Wisconsin. I've heard nothing - and I don't actually know any of the other applicants, so I don't know if they've heard. However our grant coordinator works part time and I don't think she was in today...

Word is, she'll be in tomorrow, so I'm hoping that means I'll hear something tomorrow.

UC Berkeley has received acceptance and alternate notifications, and the admin has kindly announced to those who were not on the list that they will probably not receive the award, even though official rejection notifications have not yet been received.

UC Berkeley has received acceptance and alternate notifications, and the admin has kindly announced to those who were not on the list that they will probably not receive the award, even though official rejection notifications have not yet been received.

Has anyone else heard anything from another UC?