Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Diss Funding

LisaRog

I noticed that there was a fairly robust conversation happening among applicants who were vying for the Fulbright IIE, and I was wondering if anyone out there had applied for the a Fulbright-Hays DDRA grant? Anyone know when notification happens?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only things I know for sure about the grant is that:

1) last year folks found out about their candidate status on 15 April 2009

2) the fulbright-hays does not notify people directly -- instead, a master list is sent out to your university's grant coordinator, and it is their responsibility to notify you

great idea! i'm going to start a wenner-gren thread... now if only there was a way to advertise these forums to more current (rather than just prospective) grad students, so that we could get more input and info from a broader base of applicants?

I know what you know.

While you and I are bonding over all these grants, you wanna start a Wenner-Gren thread too? ;-)

(They, I know, do crazy-ass rolling stuff and sometimes give you about four minutes to resubmit. Just cruel.)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I also thought there wasn't an early round of rejections. However, I just looked at the FAQ page on their website, and it says this regarding notifications:

Regret letters are sent to the institutional applicant usually in February or March. Candidate status is announced usually in April and as late as September.

Not sure what this means --- doesn't it sound like maybe there is an early round of rejections in Feb/March? Anyway to find out?

I also know what you know. And I think I know that there is not an early rejection round - is that your impression as well?

• 1 month later...

Nothing...nothing at all. And I'd just like the record to show that I've been VERY good about not thinking about it...until this week!

With a week to go, the Jeopardy theme song is playing in my head. Anyone? Anything?

Jenali, Do you know for certain that there's a week to go? If so, how do you know this? The Fulbright person at my school (who, I'll admit, isn't particularly with it) seems to have no idea when there will be news.

Edited by Direstraits

<br />Jenali, Do you know for certain that there's a week to go? If so, how do you know this? The Fulbright person at my school (who, I'll admit, isn't particularly with it) seems to have no idea when there will be news.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No, I don't, but someone said in this thread way up above that people found out April 15th last year...

Nothing here either - but it's cruel of you to post such a question to the forum, which causes an email to show up in one's inbox containing the magic words starting with F and H! Cruel, I say!

quick update: the grant admin at my school apparently wrote to the folks in D.C. to get an updated estimate on the notification timeline. all we know for sure right now is that the results will be announced "sometime in April." le sigh

Please let us know if you hear anything from the grant administrator at your school! I'm afraid to email mine.

quick update: the grant admin at my school apparently wrote to the folks in D.C. to get an updated estimate on the notification timeline. all we know for sure right now is that the results will be announced "sometime in April." le sigh

So, according to our grant admin, "there's a very small chance that we'll hear back this week," but the most likely scenario is that notifications will be released next week.

grrrrr

so much frustration!!!

the folks over at ucsd confirm on their funding blog the same thing that my grand admin has told us:

We are still waiting to hear from The Department of Education regarding their final decisions for the 2010-2011 Fulbright-Hays awardees. The program director for the Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) said she hopes to get announcements out by the end of this week or next week. Hang in there!

So, according to our grant admin, "there's a very small chance that we'll hear back this week," but the most likely scenario is that notifications will be released next week.

grrrrr

so much frustration!!!