4 Wait Lists..TF do I do?!

You guys.. I am beyond frustrated.. I have only been accepted to RMUoHP which is SOOOOOO expensive, but I have been waitlisted at UNoDak, USoDak, IdahoSU, and WashingtonSU. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is in this position.. It's hard to talk to my family, friends, etc. about the confusion because it's such a weird situation to explain.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has advice on what I should do? what you did/are doing? ..anything else that would give me or anyone else in this same situation guidance/hope to get through this period of uncertainty? 

GPA: 3.76 GRE: V-148 Q-142 AW-4.5

Applied: RMUoHP, UNDUSD, WSU-Spokane, ISU-PocatelloBall State, UoM-Twin Cities

Accepted|Waitlisted|Rejected

Decision: Undecided

Edited by speechie2b

2 hours ago, speechie2b said:

You guys.. I am beyond frustrated.. I have only been accepted to RMUoHP which is SOOOOOO expensive, but I have been waitlisted at UNoDak, USoDak, IdahoSU, and WashingtonSU. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is in this position.. It's hard to talk to my family, friends, etc. about the confusion because it's such a weird situation to explain.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has advice on what I should do? what you did/are doing? ..anything else that would give me or anyone else in this same situation guidance/hope to get through this period of uncertainty? 

Okay so here's my situation:

I was accepted at Northeastern and RMUofHP both of which are super expensive. I was also waitlisted at 4 schools.

i would have to pay the RMUofHP deposit by Saturday or Northeastern's by the 27th.

im trying to decide between those and if I pick Utah, and then got in somewhere else, I'd go there but lose my deposit.

If I pick Northeastern, I'd hold off to avoid paying a deposit I can't get back

5 hours ago, speechie2b said:

I am also eagerly waiting on a waitlist. I sent my deposit into a school I was accepted to already, so that has relieved some pressure.... I know I am at least going to a grad program! I know it is different for everyone, but it is worth it to me to lose a few hundred dollars for that security. Have you ranked your waitlists yet in terms of 1st choice, etc? That is what is stressing me out, and I feel like I will feel better once I do that. 

If you haven't already, I think it might help if you decide if you will attend RMUoHP if it ends up being your only option. If yes, I would submit a deposit (as late as you can, in case you hear from the other schools first). Then I would get prepared to answer to waitlist offers as they come up (as in ranking them).

Waiting on waitlists is THE WORST. I understand, and I am jealous of the people who already know what they are doing next year. Once you are organized I think we all just need to try to keep busy and relax as we wait for the answers! 

If you pay a $500 dollar deposit and then lose it because you withdraw and go to a school that's $10,000 less a year -you will still come out ahead in the end.  I would pay your deposit somewhere so you don't lose your spot and then email your first choice wait-list school.  Tell them why they are your first choice and recent accomplishments, activities, basically why are are awesome.  

Edited by Afternoonprogram