U of Chicago?

geichat

Hey all,

seems like nobody here has heard back from UChicago in any way yet. It seems really late for the school to not have done ANYTHING (i.e. interview invites, etc.) yet.

Has anybody heard anything?

Hey all,

seems like nobody here has heard back from UChicago in any way yet. It seems really late for the school to not have done ANYTHING (i.e. interview invites, etc.) yet.

I applied to the psych phd program AND the MA program MAPSS and have heard nothing yet...i'm almost certainly getting into MAPSS (i'd like to think so anyway) because they had sent me an email based on my GRE score and i am getting an MA now...but it sucks that all i've gotten is one rejection and NOTHING else lol

Hey all,

I received this in my inbox: "We have forwarded your application to our admissions committee in the Department of Psychology, and are in the midst of making the complex and difficult selections from among a large number of highly qualified applicants"

I'm wondering if everyone got it or if they rejected some people already. Is it possible that they already rejected people and we are the second batch or we are the first one? I know some schools will reject people with low scores initially and then forward the application to the department. I'm unsure, however, how UChicago works...

Hey guys, just found this site, it's cool. I think I got in, I got a phone call from the prof I want to work with a few days ago inviting me to the prospective students weekend in late feb. He said I'd been recommended for admission and would get the official letter from the dean in early march. I was pretty thrilled, also a bit confused that I didn't get an official letter yet, but I'm hoping that's just a formality and have my fingers crossed. Good luck to all, and msg me if you get an invite to the Psych weekend, and we can talk more :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard back yesterday for integrative neuroscience. I wasn't accepted to the Ph.D. program, but they decided to forward my application (and accept) to the MAPSS program. I can't decide if that's really a good thing or not though.