American Studies Cycle 2017/2018

amstu

1 hour ago, maengret said:

@Trachtenberg, congrats on the good news from SLU! Are you person who indicated a waitlist from them on Jan 12? I’m wondering when you applied and what they said about the waitlist. 

Hi! Thank you very much! But no, I am not that person. I was not waitlisted.

I applied sometime in December and I heard from them on Jan 30. 

4 hours ago, Trachtenberg said:

Hi! Thank you very much! But no, I am not that person. I was not waitlisted.

I applied sometime in December and I heard from them on Jan 30. 

Thanks! Fingers crossed I’ll be joining you there. 

18 hours ago, jpbends said:

Form rejected from UC Berkeley. Hoping for the best for everybody else here! You'll next hear from me when I get my generic rejection from USC :^)

I am on the same boat, got that rejection email from UC Berkeley. Now waiting to receive the generic rejection from USC. Mehhh 

15 minutes ago, earlycalifornia said:

The wait seems to get more difficult the longer it goes on. Here's to hoping we all hear good news soon!

At this point, I'd even welcome some official rejections just so I don't have to wonder anymore!

33 minutes ago, evanmarie said:

I emailed Michigan and they said to expect letters next week...but a few people have posted they are on the waitlist. Assuming rejection at this point? Bah

You never know, they could have done waitlist first. I have my fingers crossed for all you UMich applicants on here!

@evanmarie Ack, I'm sorry :\

I'm dying to hear back from NYU and trying (unsuccessfully) not to check results search so as not to crush my own dreams. I know one of the faculty on the adcomm (they were my professor in undergrad and gave me advice on applying) but I don't want to sound needy :\