Is my profile good enough to get me into a good university for PhD in behavioural neuroscience?

Madhuvanthi.T

Hello. My name is Madhuvanthi. I am from India. I really need some help/advice regarding my Graduate applications. I am looking forward to apply for PhD in behavioural neuroscience for the fall 2018 batch. I have a BA in JPE  ( journalism, psychology and English) where I scored 69.43%, and have pursued masters in psychology( MSc Psychology) with a CGPA of 7.14, both from India. I have a master's dissertation which i wrote during my final semester. I worked for a year for an IB school. I am taking the GRE in September mid. I am really confused about several things. I don't really know how strong my profile is. I did find a few universities which aligned with my interests but i want to know whether i have a chance to get into those universities. Some of those universities are Stony brook university, Northeastern university, Arizona state university and Boston university. it would be helpful if you could rate my profile and suggest me a few universities in the US.

30 minutes ago, Madhuvanthi.T said:

Hello. My name is Madhuvanthi. I am from India. I really need some help/advice regarding my Graduate applications. I am looking forward to apply for PhD in behavioural neuroscience for the fall 2018 batch. I have a BA in JPE  ( journalism, psychology and English) where I scored 69.43%, and have pursued masters in psychology( MSc Psychology) with a CGPA of 7.14, both from India. I have a master's dissertation which i wrote during my final semester. I worked for a year for an IB school. I am taking the GRE in September mid. I am really confused about several things. I don't really know how strong my profile is. I did find a few universities which aligned with my interests but i want to know whether i have a chance to get into those universities. Some of those universities are Stony brook university, Northeastern university, Arizona state university and Boston university. it would be helpful if you could rate my profile and suggest me a few universities in the US.

Hi Madhuvanthi, I would be happy to help as I am applying to PhD programs in behavioral neuroscience as well. What exactly do you mean when you say "I scored 69.43%?"? Also what does a GPA of 7.14 convert to on an American scale?

Hi Madhuvanthi, it's hard to understand the conversion between GPA and the percentage score, as @cindyboop said, but the GRE is also a good determinant of competitiveness - do you have a rough idea of your scores? Also, you might want to look into the Brandeis University PhD in neuroscience - it looks like they have a behavioral track.