Anyone accepted to MPP/MPA with a low GRE?

Juan Herrera

Question

3 answers to this question

Yes! I scored VERY low on the GRE about 40th percentile. So far I have gotten into American University with $30,000 in scholarship. I published an academic book which I believe compensated for the test scores. I literally didnt think I would get into any school with those scores. 

I didn't take the GRE at all...and was accepted to Syracuse, USC, and Northwestern for Fall 2018.  I have 7+ years of professional experience, 3.97 undergrad & 3.83 graduate GPA, excellent LORs. 

I imagine GRE scores are not a huge factor if you are really strong in other areas/characteristics.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:08 AM, MMLIS MPA said:

I didn't take the GRE at all...and was accepted to Syracuse, USC, and Northwestern for Fall 2018.  I have 7+ years of professional experience, 3.97 undergrad & 3.83 graduate GPA, excellent LORs. 

I imagine GRE scores are not a huge factor if you are really strong in other areas/characteristics.

Hmm how did you go about it? Did you ask for a waiver or the programs you were applying to did not require GRE?