salmon

Hey everyone, 

I am applying next fall to Econ PhDs, shooting for something in the top 15. I had a 3.8 in undergrad in International Affairs - although had a B+ in a Principles of Macro class, and I'm finishing up a Master's in Development Economics with a 3.9 including a few A+'s in upper level theory and econometrics classes. 95th percentile quant GREs. About 2 years of solid RA experience and an internship at a leading development research group. 

My math backround is as follows: A in Calc for Business and Economics (UG), As in several statistics courses (UG), A in Elementary Linear Algebra (UG), A in Introduction to Formal Methods (UG), A- in Real Analysis (Graduate), A- in Math for Economists (Graduate). 

I decided to take Calc III this semester despite never really going through the normal calc sequence to try to check the calc box for admissions committees, and the class is killing me!!! I think that there is a very small chance I'll get anything more than a C. My question is how much would a W hurt my application? Given time and money constraints I won't be able to take another calc class before its time to apply next fall. 

Thanks for any advice you have.