Jump to content
Russ1313

Gates Cambridge 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Wannabe Historian said:

Also, good luck to everyone who is waiting. Hopefully, it'll come through. Fingers crossed. 

I think that by now you're probably aware that we're supposed to receive/have received positive responses today. Have you had any news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jever said:

I think that by now you're probably aware that we're supposed to receive/have received positive responses today. Have you had any news?

Hey, so this is what I received. Have I been rejected?

Thank you for being available for interview with our panel in Cambridge this week.

We very much enjoyed speaking with you but unfortunately you are not on the list of students being offered a Gates Cambridge Scholarship immediately.

The Trust will be reviewing your interview panel feedback next week and I will be in contact again on Wednesday, 4 April 2018 to give you a further update on your status. 

I know this will be disappointing news but please know that everyone involved with the Cambridge selection process thinks very highly of your application and it is a great achievement to have reached the interview stage of our competition. 

With best wishes,

Luisa

 

 

Edited by Wannabe Historian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, does anyone -perhaps those from the US round who already got an offer letter- know how much is the maintenance stipend at the 2018/2019 rate that the Gates Cambridge is offering? I would very much appreciate this information!

I was also wondering if you do accept the Gates, are you allowed to keep other minor funding that may come through? - in the Cambridge Trust Scholarships, for instance, even though you have full funding, you are allowed to keep any extra funding that you are given only if it is no more than 3,000 pounds per year...

Any insights on this would be very much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-29 at 7:08 PM, Wannabe Historian said:

Hey, so this is what I received. Have I been rejected?

Thank you for being available for interview with our panel in Cambridge this week.

We very much enjoyed speaking with you but unfortunately you are not on the list of students being offered a Gates Cambridge Scholarship immediately.

The Trust will be reviewing your interview panel feedback next week and I will be in contact again on Wednesday, 4 April 2018 to give you a further update on your status. 

I know this will be disappointing news but please know that everyone involved with the Cambridge selection process thinks very highly of your application and it is a great achievement to have reached the interview stage of our competition. 

With best wishes,

Luisa

 

 

I got this as well. No clue. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Acervulus said:

Did anyone get a confirmation email after accepting the scholarship?

I don't think they send confirmation emails after the online acceptance form. I had the same question and I followed up with their office to double-check that my acceptance form went through. They confirmed and said an official email should be sent in the coming weeks with more detailed information for offer holders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Acervulus said:

Did anyone get a confirmation email after accepting the scholarship?

 

49 minutes ago, wwm89 said:

I don't think they send confirmation emails after the online acceptance form. I had the same question and I followed up with their office to double-check that my acceptance form went through. They confirmed and said an official email should be sent in the coming weeks with more detailed information for offer holders. 

Yes, I did the same. I sent Luisa an email asking for confirmation... I was scared I may have unwillingly ticked the "No, thank you" option...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. At the risk of sounding enormously stupid, what does this mean: "Awaiting approval by GAO" (Graduate Admissions Office)? I mean is it a good thing if my status changed to that or is it a non-material equivalent of 'Under review by the department'?

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.