I'm applying to MS Computer Science programs this fall. Wanted some feedback on what I could consider safe and reach schools. My undergraduate degree was an unrelated field at a fairly small liberal arts school in Washington, but I've taken a lot of foundational CS coursework at my local community college (all my relevant course work has been an A and one B, but some C's from 5+ years ago that are completely outside my major at this school bring my overall GPA down).

GRE Scores:

V : 161 Q: 164

GPA:

BA Psychology - 3.54 (Cum Laude)

Computer Science [Non Degree] - 3.6+

My CS coursework will include Calculus 1-3, Java and C++ Programming, Discrete Math, Elementary Computer Organization and Architecture, and Data Structures and Algorithms with a a few other elective CS classes.I graduated with my BA in 2015 and have some research experience in Cognition and Learning Labs with rats and risk behavior research, but no publications. I also have a minor in Studio Art.

Project-wise, I made a third person maze game for a mobile game class (group project), but don't have many other side projects. I'm involved in my community college's robotics club this year which will complete in NASA's Swarmathon in spring and I'm doing a Hackathon which I assume will give me something for a resume, but I don't have any work experience in the computer science realm and don't have any non-school related solo projects. I am a tutor this year in my school’s CS department.

I have some vague interest in Human Computer Interaction fields (knowing that my art/psychology background connects), but I don't really feel like I am familiar with all of the options to rule any thing else out. I'm also vaguely interested in AI and Data Analytics if I'm a good fit, but I'm sure there are other interesting areas I could connect with.

My current school list include Georgia Tech (reach?), University of Wisconsin Madison (reach?), and University of Colorado Boulder (?). I have a lot more schools I'm researching, but I would appreciate any suggestions for schools to look at more closely if I would stand a chance of getting in or could qualify it as "safe."

Edited by pclaradactyl
changed title