Christmas Presents for Grad-School Bound Student

amyjw

Hi everybody! I've just applied to SLP programs, and now everyone in my family keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. I don't really *need* anything so I was wondering if any of you current grad students (or more informed applicants than I am) out there had suggestions for things to ask for that will be useful in grad school this coming fall (hoping I get in- fingers crossed!)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with everything listed above. Also, ask for cash if you can. I ended up spending an additional $500 on softwares, background check, flu shots, drug screenings, etc. 

Amazon has great speech language pathology clipboards that have a ton of useful information from all classes on the front and back (developmental norms, phonetics, swallowing phases, brain areas, etc.) 

https://www.amazon.com/speech-pathology-clipboard/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aspeech pathology clipboard

Also Etsy has really great SLP mugs/wine glasses with phonetics and cute SLP sayings that you can get personalized! 

I agree with all of these things! Extra money for all of the fees and costs would be huge! I've also found a laminator to be an amazing tool to have for both pediatric sites and adults as well.