Time for GRE Scores to reach universities

dreamerr33

Hey guys,

I attempted the GRE earlier this year, to apply for Admissions to the fall 2018 sessions.

So after being prepared with other parts of the application, I now need to send my GRE scores to the universities.

The first application deadline comes on 15th December followed by several other deadlines in January.

I am an International applicant

Am I too late to send my GRE scores? What should I do? If I send the scores today, will they reach before 15th December?

The same goes with my TOEFL scores.

Any help appreciated

My GRE Scores were at the universities by a few days. The way I understand it is that ETS sends the scores electronically to most institutions. I sent mine on Sunday and by Thursday of that week the schools had received them and input them into my application. Obviously time may vary as deadlines are quickly approaching.

You can ask the uni whether they receive them electronically or per mail. Electronically is a matter of a few days (max 4 I believe). Mail takes longer depending on the lcoation of the uni (US is faster than other countries)

Contact the grad school offices if not sure. I had issues with my trancritps (one got soaked) and they were superOK with giving me a few days extra if I emailed them some unofficial things (scan of my official trasncripts - same goes for GRE)

Do double-check that they are received, though. For instance, I had scores sent electronically to one school at the beginning of October. The school emailed me that they are missing (this week). I emailed ETS who says they were delivered, so now I need to track down what happened with them on the school's end. :/

I took the test on November 8th of this year, and per the ETS site they were sent to my target schools on November 22.  So that'd suggest that it takes about 2 weeks, although this is just my anecdotal experience.

Edited by fortsibut

On 11/23/2017 at 4:21 PM, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

Do double-check that they are received, though. For instance, I had scores sent electronically to one school at the beginning of October. The school emailed me that they are missing (this week). I emailed ETS who says they were delivered, so now I need to track down what happened with them on the school's end. :/

What email did you use to contact ETS? Mine have not arrived yet and it has been about 2 weeks.