UMass Amherst

Victorianna

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else waiting to hear from UMass Amherst? Any inside info? I cannot seem to find any data on the results page to suggest when they might start informing applicants of acceptances/rejections.

Good luck to everyone!

I too am waiting on UMass, specifically on their Public History Master's program. I am afraid I have no real insight to offer as to how long we might yet have. . .

I'm waiting to hear for the MA. At one point, long ago, when I signed in to make sure all of my transcripts/letters were in, there was a random sentence that said it is about 6-10 weeks from the date you submit. I haven't heard from any of my schools, and I'm terrified.

I'm waiting to hear for the MA. At one point, long ago, when I signed in to make sure all of my transcripts/letters were in, there was a random sentence that said it is about 6-10 weeks from the date you submit. I haven't heard from any of my schools, and I'm terrified.

I actually just came from that website and, yes, they said we wont hear for 6-10 weeks after the deadline has closed... so I guess that means sometime in March? I'm listed as being "applied" to all of my masters programs, so I guess that means I am batting 1000 B)

Are all of you waiting on the Public History MA program? Any PhD applicants? Any history Apps?

I'm a PhD Applicant (American), and have heard absolutely nothing. I did see the same text on the application website about "6-10" weeks, which basically means late Feb - mid March I think.

I actually just came from that website and, yes, they said we wont hear for 6-10 weeks after the deadline has closed... so I guess that means sometime in March? I'm listed as being "applied" to all of my masters programs, so I guess that means I am batting 1000 B)

I hope we get in together, because anyone who can make baseball references while talking about grad school apps is a friend of mine!

I hope we get in together, because anyone who can make baseball references while talking about grad school apps is a friend of mine!

As two MAs I feel that, charitably speaking, we'll probably be the galley slaves on the great trireme of whatever history department we land at; we'll need all of the friends we can get!

As two MAs I feel that, charitably speaking, we'll probably be the galley slaves on the great trireme of whatever history department we land at; we'll need all of the friends we can get!

It is exciting to be talking with potential cohort members.

It is exciting to be talking with potential cohort members.

A cursory glance at the other forums shows that some people have already heard from Umass. Has anyone here? Is the history department still too busy toasting themselves and enjoying the view from the ivory tower? I hate the waiting game.

Edited by Joe Lordan

A cursory glance at the other forums shows that some people have already heard from Umass. Has anyone here? Is the history department still too busy toasting themselves and enjoying the view from the ivory tower? I hate the waiting game.

Could you please post links for these discussions? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I second that emotion! I applied for the MA there. Are you guys MA or PhD?

Sure! I applied for the MA as well - it seems that most of the people who are hearing from schools are PhD candidates. I also applied to UConn, URI, BC, BU, and Northeastern.

Anyways! Someone from the Geology forum was accepted to their masters program recently (if not today)

"I was accepted at UMASS in their Masters program... Funding info to come soon."

I also saw some people going for a PhD in marketing getting in as well. I just searched for "umass amherst" and "masters" in the search bar to get these results

Edit: For what it is worth my status is still "applied"

Edited by Joe Lordan

Sure! I applied for the MA as well - it seems that most of the people who are hearing from schools are PhD candidates. I also applied to UConn, URI, BC, BU, and Northeastern.

Anyways! Someone from the Geology forum was accepted to their masters program recently (if not today)

I also saw some people going for a PhD in marketing getting in as well. I just searched for "umass amherst" and "masters" in the search bar to get these results

Oh! So not History program applicants. I thought my heart was going to leave my chest :)

Thank you!

Edited by Victorianna

Check the website. They appear to have begun listing decisions. Good Luck!

Which website are you referring to? The application status page that requires a login, or is there some other page for the history department or grad school?