Missing pre-reqs

So for some schools I'm missing maybe 1-2 pre-reqs with one course popping up more than once, so I plan on taking that course this summer depending on where/if I am accepted. My question is- is it possible to enter this course as a planned course if I do not know what school I plan to take it at? I am guessing no since you have to add a college before you can add any courses but I want to double check!

Also, for one school I'm missing about 4 pre-reqs :/ (2 are disorders classes and my undergrad did not offer these courses for us), do you think this will hinder my chances at all?

And if anyone has any great recommendations for an online Clinical Methods, Introduction to SLP, Language & Phonological Disorders (pediatric communication disorders), and Organic Disorders (adult acquired disorders) courses please let me know!

Utah State offers all of those except Organic Disorders. 2400, 2600, and 3120 would be the coursesĀ  to take. They are offered online, though 2600 you would have to do observations. When I took the course, 12 of the 25 hours had to be live but I believe now they will accept all 25 hours as videos.

6 hours ago, Crimson Wife said:

Utah State offers all of those except Organic Disorders. 2400, 2600, and 3120 would be the coursesĀ  to take. They are offered online, though 2600 you would have to do observations. When I took the course, 12 of the 25 hours had to be live but I believe now they will accept all 25 hours as videos.

thank you so much!

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on the school you're accepted to, they may allow you to take some classes during your grad program. For example, my program allowed students to take Clinical Methods and also Speech and Hearing Science if they were missing them. Check with the schools to see if they'll allow this for any of the courses!

I entered a school into the form where I anticipated taking physics, and ended up taking it at another institution because I found a cheaper option. It was not an issue at all.

Also, if you are not able to complete your classes, Emerson is one program that allows you to finish them while you are in the program, but it may only be for non-SLP-specific courses. I will say, though, that you will already be extremely busy without having other courses to take!