SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I know! A friend of mine found out she got into MIT (nuclear engineering) so now I am all WHERE ARE MY LETTERS?!?!

Other than that, I have only heard of one person in speech/hearing that has heard back. A friend of mine got into Indiana's AuD program. No word on SLPs yet (though a buddy got an invite to St. Xavier's open house...we overanalyzed that one to death).

I know! A friend of mine found out she got into MIT (nuclear engineering) so now I am all WHERE ARE MY LETTERS?!?!

Other than that, I have only heard of one person in speech/hearing that has heard back. A friend of mine got into Indiana's AuD program. No word on SLPs yet (though a buddy got an invite to St. Xavier's open house...we overanalyzed that one to death).

Yeah, I got the invitation to the SXU open house, but I don't think it means anything.

Anyone hearing anything back yet? Everyone that I know who is applying this season (in other fields) are already having interviews and getting decisions. I'm so anxious!

My roommate got a letter from Miami of Ohio saying they're interested in having her interview for an assistantship. Technically she hasn't been accepted yet, though. I didn't apply there (we're both applying to SLP grad programs) but it's freaking me out that she's heard from somewhere and I still haven't!

Edited by KatieA

East Carolina U is having interviews next week. To those that applied there and haven't gotten an invite - I don't know if they are doing more than one round so don't give up yet. That is the only school I have heard back from out of 9. The waiting is KILLING me! I saw one of the schools I applied to on the results board (Montclair) sent out an acceptance letter even though their deadline hasn't even passed yet. What gives?

Hi all! First off, I want to wish you all the best of luck! I'm sure it's been an intense journey for all of us.

I'm applying to:

MGHIHP

Emerson College

University of Connecticut

Northern Arizona University

California State University East Bay

I'm really quite nervous because there are so many qualified students applying this year and I feel like I'm not quite cutting it. My undergrad GPA (so far) is 3.88 overall and 3.94 CSD. My GRE was 1250 combined (600v/650q/5.0AW). I doubled majored in environmental geography (4.0 GPA) and being kind of a baby, I don't have much experience (I only recently reached the legal drinking age). I've volunteered for a brain injury network and a program for adults with developmental disorders. There's also some shadowing experiences and I was pretty involved with student clubs... but I can't say I have any relevant work experience, which does make me nervous. I would've loved to build up that experience but there are unfortunately few such opportunities for young undergrads with no prior job experience... especially in a state university system where research is limited to a few grants here and there and the few research aids are all grad students. Thanks, California budget shortfall.

My first choice is UConn, followed by Emerson but I'd also like to be accepted to CSU East Bay just in case financial reasons require that I remain in-state.

We've all got to be in a pretty nutty field of study if 3.9ers are worried about grad school admission. I'm in that trap, most definitely.

Hope we all hear back soon! I'm sure patience isn't a virtue for many of us. ;)

I applied to the following:

UNC

East Carolina University

Western Carolina University

Appalachian State University

UNCG

GWU

I have a 3.3 cumulative GPA (I started out as pre-pharm), 3.7 Major GPA ( SPHS pre-reqs). I am an undergrad at UNC Chapel Hill. 4 semesters of research and working on a senior honors thesis in speech and hearing sciences. I am SOOO ready to hear something from some of these schools. Good luck to all of you applying this year!

I have applied to:

UNC- Chapel Hill

UNC- Greensboro

Vanderbilt

CU- Boulder

UGA- Athens

Towson University

Haven't heard from any yet, but sure have been checking this site, email, and phone obsessively.

Is it just me, or is this the SLOWEST February ever?? I feel like every day is going by in a crawl, and I'm always surprised by the calendar date.

haha right?! it's so hard to focus on my work this semester, too!

haha right?! it's so hard to focus on my work this semester, too!

Oh, I am ridiculously unproductive. It's hard to keep myself from calling the programs to ask when I can expect to hear something. Is it going to be tomorrow or is it going to be 6 weeks from now?

I just want to submit my pure frustration for the application process to most of the graduate schools I have applied to.....its so expensive and entirely a rip off at times, because some schools don't even get your things in on time/they have the documents they just don't put them into the system. I wish this wasn't such a rip off! I would LOVE to go to graduate school, but the whole process is so daunting....one of my letters of rec. got submitted a day late (even though i sent out numerous reminders 3 months in advance) and therefore the University said i will not be considered....GREAT! I just hope all of this pays off one day!

I just want to submit my pure frustration for the application process to most of the graduate schools I have applied to.....its so expensive and entirely a rip off at times, because some schools don't even get your things in on time/they have the documents they just don't put them into the system. I wish this wasn't such a rip off! I would LOVE to go to graduate school, but the whole process is so daunting....one of my letters of rec. got submitted a day late (even though i sent out numerous reminders 3 months in advance) and therefore the University said i will not be considered....GREAT! I just hope all of this pays off one day!

I couldn't put it better myself. This is the last thing I would ever want to do again. Nothing is uniform and nothing is easy.

So, I get a very small letter in the mail from a university that had a deadline two weeks ago. First thing that comes to my mind was wow thin envelope, that was a really quick rejection. A little pessimistic I know!

So then I open, it states the graduate school has recommended me for admission, BUT the application still need to go through the department.

Ahh, why would they even send me this. Maybe some people would like to know, but this just means that I freaked out for nothing. Of course I got admitted through the grad school, I met the required GPA, GRE etc. Why would they do that? lol.

Edited by SJS

MGH

Emerson

BU

St. Xavier

Rush

Northwestern

U of Minnesota

PSU

George Washington

Tayfray, did you hear from the U of M? I hope you have better news than I did. :(

someone posted on the results that they saw their UNC status by logging in to the website. The website isn't working for me (I get an error)....talk about torture!!!

I just checked my UNC status and it still says "Thank you for submitting your application. Your decision is not yet available." AHH!