Your favorite euphemism

Neko

Alright.

We're all "extremely qualified" and "strong" applicants, but not quite the cream of the crop at some program. So, how would you prefer to be told that you've been rejected?

"turned down" is the most PC I've come up with....

What's your favorite euphemism for rejection?

Edited by Neko

Or "unable to accommodate all the qualified applicants."

This. It's kind to imply that the applicant was qualified. Even if it's insincere - it's okay Rejection Letter, you can lie to me.

"You are free to explore options other than our program."

This isn't what they actually told me, but I think it's a good euphemism.

lol, aye, although, it would be very, very strange to hear the opposite

"Dear Sir (or Madame),

We are unable to admit you to our program this season. However, please do not think that you are off the hook.

You are currently ineligible for the exploration of other graduate programs. We realize that this is not the news you were hoping to hear. However, please be assured that we have reviewed your application carefully and we are certain that we have made the right choice. No. Further. Exploration.

Sincerely,

The Admissions Committee

P.S. Rot in hell"

Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.

I'd be pretty pumped to see that in a rejection letter.

"Unfortunately, the Slayer has permanently closed the Hellmouth, so you will not be admitted into the human dimension at this time."

lol, aye, although, it would be very, very strange to hear the opposite

"Dear Sir (or Madame),

We are unable to admit you to our program this season. However, please do not think that you are off the hook.

You are currently ineligible for the exploration of other graduate programs. We realize that this is not the news you were hoping to hear. However, please be assured that we have reviewed your application carefully and we are certain that we have made the right choice. No. Further. Exploration.

Sincerely,

The Admissions Committee

P.S. Rot in hell"

Someone on another thread mentioned that one program basically said this to her.

Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.

I'd be pretty pumped to see that in a rejection letter.

I wouldn't be pumped at all. I'd be all sad... looking out at the ocean... a lonely, depressing guitar in the background... then I'd crumple that letter up into a ball and weakly side-arm it off the deck into the water.

I wouldn't be pumped at all. I'd be all sad... looking out at the ocean... a lonely, depressing guitar in the background... then I'd crumple that letter up into a ball and weakly side-arm it off the deck into the water.

ah, but then I'd go flirt with Kelly McGillis. So it'd be all good. :-D