This time last year - What were you doing?

DeeLovely79

Job hunting like crazy, trying to finish off my personal statements and feeling utterly sick of the whole application process. I am very glad I don't have to go through that again!

This time last year I was on my honeymoon- think we were still on Maui at that point- starting to write up my findings from field school the month previous for a writing sample. I ended up giving up on the paper when it started to get really wishy-washy. I was also panicking because I was out of shape from field school and band week started the day after we got back to Texas (ended up with tendonitis again, not surprised). I guess I wasn't really worried about my last few ug classes and I had already picked out what programs I was applying to months earlier.

I expected to be moving a considerable distance around this time, just hopefully an hour north of where we actually are moving. I didn't expect one of my friends would be going to the same program, that's a bonus.

*sigh*...this time last year I was ending a 3 week vacation in the UK that was added onto a conference I was attending...I was in London at some pub, drinking some lovely ale, eating the most delicious chips, awaiting to see a phenomenal play, and browsing lovely shops...*sigh* ...I was completly oblivious to work and school- not a care in the world.....time to invent my time machine to take me back there!!!!!

So many sighs!! :P

Anyway, this time last year I was working a mediocre job, mentally preparing myself for a forced year off between my BA and MA. All year I've been wishing the year away so I could get back to school. Now that year is over, and I couldn't be more stoked. :)

This time last year I had just moved back to my college town from a summer abroad, had just bought GRE prep books and was starting an RA job. I also had plans to take a year off in between college and grad school to teach English abroad. So much has changed...

This time last year, I was waiting for my immigration papers to arrive so I could land as a permanent resident in Canada, and suffering through the worst depression I'd had in years. Things are definitely looking up!

• 2 weeks later...

A year ago today I was preparing for the GRE and stressing over my undergraduate thesis topic. Now, I've moved 800 miles away, and I'm preparing to being my Master's program which starts tomorrow! Well, the Orientation begins tomorrow anyway...

This time last year I was thinking about pharmacy school and considering how to do it. Phd was in the back of my mind but not too much. I ended up not doing pharmacy because it would take another year before I could apply. Now I'm feeling really excited that I'm in school away from the feeling of "maybe" and into the feeling of " I did"

This time last year I was neck-deep in two giant spreadsheets -- one for grad school apps and one for job apps.

And "recovering" from the East Coast earthquake. :P

This time last year I was neck-deep in two giant spreadsheets -- one for grad school apps and one for job apps.

And "recovering" from the East Coast earthquake. :P

I was going to mention the earthquake! Yes, one year ago yesterday, I thought my house was falling into the earth.