Emerson Interview

I was suuper nervous but I think it went fine! It was also really cool to chat with students and tour the campus. They said they're interviewing 250 applicants (but some students may be accepted without an interview) and that we should hear back in the first half of March.

I heard March 7th to be exact!  But with the whole rush of information over the weekend I can't remember exactly who I heard it from-- I think one of the current graduate students who was there answering our questions.

It was the graduate program director who told me first half of March. It's possible they're aiming for March 7th but sometimes delays happen so she didn't wanna give me an exact date? Either way I'm going to stick to what I heard or else I'll check my phone obsessively on the 7th!

• 2 weeks later...

No word from Emerson yet :( but I recently checked my credential status and saw a new slot added called "Proof of College Graduation." While I can't remember with 100% accuracy, I don't believe that was one of my credentials before. Does anyone see or not see this on theirs? Maybe it's a sign!

No word from Emerson yet :( but I recently checked my credential status and saw a new slot added called "Proof of College Graduation." While I can't remember with 100% accuracy, I don't believe that was one of my credentials before. Does anyone see or not see this on theirs? Maybe it's a sign!

I don't remember that being there before but I see it now too!  Oh boy, I kind of wish I hadn't seen this because now I don't think I'll be able to sleep with the anxiety of waiting for tomorrow to come!!

I actually think it was there before... though I could be wrong. Regardless, I have a feeling it doesn't really have much to do with the admission decisions. I hope we'll hear back from them tomorrow! Hope you guys will be able to sleep well tonight ;)

If anyone still hasn't heard a decision from Emerson, I just called and they said that all decisions should be updated on the portal within the next 24 hours. 

I hope that is true... someone else posted this on the results page today: "Still haven't heard back so gave them a call. Said that even though they have released a large number of decisions, my application is still under faculty review and I should hear back sometime this week. *sigh*"

I hope that is true... someone else posted this on the results page today: "Still haven't heard back so gave them a call. Said that even though they have released a large number of decisions, my application is still under faculty review and I should hear back sometime this week. *sigh*"

Ah! That is so odd. I double checked with the woman I spoke with and asked if I should call again if it's not updated within 24 hours, and she said it should be up by then. I guess only time will tell! 

That was me :) I made that call around 10am. Called again just before 5 and got the same response as daisynic. Hope they're able to get all the decisions out tomorrow!

Called again because the anxiety was just too much lol. They said my application is still under faculty review and they'll release the decision as soon as they get it, but they can't give me any sort of timeline as to when that will be. Thinking it would come today definitely had my anxiety levels up, so I'll just try to forget about it and when it comes, it comes. I hope at least some of you will hear back today!

Called again because the anxiety was just too much lol. They said my application is still under faculty review and they'll release the decision as soon as they get it, but they can't give me any sort of timeline as to when that will be. Thinking it would come today definitely had my anxiety levels up, so I'll just try to forget about it and when it comes, it comes. I hope at least some of you will hear back today!

That's disappointing  :(

It has been 27 hours since I called when they said a decision would be made within 24 hours :( 

To the people who received funding, please please let them know as soon as you can if you're not planning on attending. I talked to Bill a few days ago to inquire about fellowships and such and he told me they went out last week but as people rejected, they'd reallocate the funds. It's my dream school (2nd year applying) but funding is holding me back from committing. Good luck to everyone else waiting on a decision, I sincerely hope they communicate with you soon!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have applied to Emerson for the Fall 2015 class. Can anyone tell more about what GRE and GPA they usually start accepting at?

http://www.emerson.edu/academics/departments/communication-sciences-disorders/graduate-degrees/communication-disorders/cd-graduate-admission-faqs#gregpa

Also, has anyone else received a free application to emerson? One of my bosses has been urging me to apply and I have said no because of the location, cost, and lack of bilingual focus. But randomly I received a free app And I'm thinking, why not?

Edited by badgal92