USC, UCLA, CSULB, CSUDH MSW 2014

Gnessa19

I received notification by mail. The only email I received was in October, (2 days after submitting my app) stating my application was complete. I wasn't aware that I could check status updates on the website and the one time I called the department to check application status, I was told that my application was waiting for third review. This was approximately 1-2 weeks prior to receiving acceptance letter. I was given until April 23rd to accept admission. Hope this helps and good luck!

Hey There, I know I'm late to the party.  I was waitlisted at USC, but is there a ranking system for the waitlist?  Thanks! Also, is the waitlist just a fancy term for denied or have applications been denied?  

Hey There, I know I'm late to the party.  I was waitlisted at USC, but is there a ranking system for the waitlist?  Thanks! Also, is the waitlist just a fancy term for denied or have applications been denied?  

People do get accepted off of wait lists, so there is hope!

I'm not sure about there being a ranking system or how that works so maybe someone else can explain that part. Also perhaps an admissions advisor could explain how the wait list system works at USC if you email them or give them a call.

Do you mind sharing your stats, and how long from submitting your app to recieving an answer? I'm still waiting for an admissions decision from USC at week 14 post application submission.

Good luck, and hopefully you will get accepted from the wait list soon!

I have heard people being accepted even after being put on waitlist at USC from previous posts in this forum. I do not think it is just a fancy term for being denied just like you have stated :) I initially accepted USC's offer to admit me (and even paid the non-refundable 280 dollar acceptance fee) but just withdrew my acceptance yesterday. I ended up being accepted to my first choice school after being on a waitlist for a couple of weeks. I hope you get my spot! 

I will also be withdrawing my acceptance. I received my financial aid award letter and I'm not too happy with it. I hope you get my spot if it's where you really want to go and you don't mind the cost. Mine was for the skirball campus though, so idk how it works.

Has anyone heard anything from CSULA? I think its incredible they still havent gotten back to majority of their applicants when CSULB was rumored to be slower but has gotten back to me..

People do get accepted off of wait lists, so there is hope!

I'm not sure about there being a ranking system or how that works so maybe someone else can explain that part. Also perhaps an admissions advisor could explain how the wait list system works at USC if you email them or give them a call.

Do you mind sharing your stats, and how long from submitting your app to recieving an answer? I'm still waiting for an admissions decision from USC at week 14 post application submission.

Good luck, and hopefully you will get accepted from the wait list soon!

3.3 GPA, 2 internships totaling 800+ hours and public representative seat for the Sacramento County Drug and Alcohol Advisory Board.  Nothing special, no GRE test.  I applied in Feb, didn't hear back until two days ago.  There might have been a delay in their response as I switched from the San Diego campus to the VAC.  Good luck to you as well!

I have heard people being accepted even after being put on waitlist at USC from previous posts in this forum. I do not think it is just a fancy term for being denied just like you have stated :) I initially accepted USC's offer to admit me (and even paid the non-refundable 280 dollar acceptance fee) but just withdrew my acceptance yesterday. I ended up being accepted to my first choice school after being on a waitlist for a couple of weeks. I hope you get my spot! 

Elbimbo, Congrats and good luck on your future endeavors!  Thanks!

I will also be withdrawing my acceptance. I received my financial aid award letter and I'm not too happy with it. I hope you get my spot if it's where you really want to go and you don't mind the cost. Mine was for the skirball campus though, so idk how it works.

Natxio, Thank you for your response and best of luck! 

Hey there! I was also on the waitlist for USC and just got the call this past Friday that I got accepted. I was offered either the OC campus or SD campus (first choice was UPC), but I quickly accepted the OC campus!

I had previously emailed the grad admissions office about their waitlist and they said they don't really have a numerical waitlist and they just plug in whoever fits the criteria of the person who withdrew. 

Good luck with everything!!

Has anyone heard anything from CSULA? I think its incredible they still havent gotten back to majority of their applicants when CSULB was rumored to be slower but has gotten back to me..

I was accepted to the 2 year program at CSULA this past Friday (turned in my app in January). I had called the Monday of that week, and they said they'd be releasing their decisions within the next week or two. Good luck :)

I will also be withdrawing my admission (I had paid the $280 already, fml), because their financial aid is horrible. 

What have you guys heard about the MSW program at Csudh? Is it good? I visited the campus and was not wowed :(

Has anyone heard about the program at csuf? I don't see anyone on the forum talking about Fullerton.

What have you guys heard about the MSW program at Csudh? Is it good? I visited the campus and was not wowed :(

Has anyone heard about the program at csuf? I don't see anyone on the forum talking about Fullerton.

All I know is that it is a very new program and they recently just got accredited :)

There is a CSUF thread here! 

Congratulations! What concentration were you admitted to?

I was admitted to the aging and families. My first choice was children, youth, women and families. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke with Ms. Lightburn from CSULA to confirmed they received my application bc they never sent me a notification. I asked when is the latest I'll know if I am rejected/accepted and she said by the end of May! 

blah  :wacko:

They told me the same thing... that I would definitely know by May. We are now 2 days away from June.

They told me the same thing... that I would definitely know by May. We are now 2 days away from June.

i called again yesterday because I received an email stating my financial aid awards were posted (all loans) for the 2014-2015 school year so I wanted to make sure it had nothing to do with the MSW acceptance.

Now they told me i should received something by the end of the first week of June  :angry:

I haven't heard from any CSU and I'm growing impatient.  :unsure:

Same here. I haven't heard back from CSUDH. I emailed them mid April and they said to give it a few more weeks. That was 6 weeks ago. Geez. Let us know one way or the other so we can start planning our lives. This isn't right keeping people in limbo for this long. ...

Hi Guys,

Hope someone is still checking this websit. I need YOUR opinion.

I was accepted by CSUN and CSULA. (I received an acceptance letter from CSULA only last week...) I've never imagined I would be acceptd by both and had no preference of school.

Do you know which MSW program is generally better? I heard overall school quality, CSUN is better but CSULA has longer history of MSW program. I need to make a decision soon but I am in the dark...

Thank you!

I received a letter of acceptance from CSULA on Friday, for the Aging and Families 3 year program. My first choice was the Children, Youth, Women and Families 2 year program.  Did this happen to anyone else? The concentration is not a big deal, I was just hoping to get into the 2 year program.

I recieved my acceptance letter to the CSULA 2 year aging & families program yesterday but I don't know if I'll be able to attend because I mistakenly sent a transcript that didn't have my final fall grades on it. So I guess this means that I got into the program but not the university. I'm so angry at myself because this is the only program that has accepted me (still waiting on CSUDH) and I messed it all up. Does anyone know if it will be possible to argue my case with admissions office? I only realized this when I checked the GET website yesterday and it said my application was incomplete because of partial transcripts. Ugh, I wish CSULA would have sent me a reminder or that I had checked the GET website sooner.