2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

Yes most certainly. I have heard of cases with decisions actually reversed when schools become aware of funding.

Lack of funding for internationals is a huge deterrent and if you're a compelling candidate, funding may be the only issue holding back your admission/interview. That said, often the people more interested in your funding are the potential supervisors (who will eventually have to pay for you in the lab) rather than the admissions committee - so I'd highly recommend you let both parties know (if you've already been in contact with POIs) as these potential supervisors may well advocate for you. 

Thanks so much for your opinion, highly appreciate it!

Haven't heard anything from anybody yet, but haven't seen any results posted either for most of my programs. Did get this email the other day from a program manager though, which was odd considering their app deadline isn't til Feb. 1st. 

"You have an ‘in progress’ application to our PhD in Systems Biology and Physiology program for Fall 2015 admission at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.  Our SBP program in conjunction with our graduate school is hosting a recruitment event on January 6, 2015 on our campus.  If you would like to be considered to receive an invitation to attend, please email me your unofficial transcripts, GRE, and TOEFL (if applicable) documents at your earliest convenience.  Your quick response is appreciated as we have a limited number of spaces available.  Thanks so much!"

Has anyone heard anything from Berkeley PMB? I don't see anything on the results search, but maybe people aren't reporting!

Yes, I got a phone call last week from a professor, and an email yesterday with an interview invite. The interview is Jan 22-25. 

Haven't heard anything from anybody yet, but haven't seen any results posted either for most of my programs. Did get this email the other day from a program manager though, which was odd considering their app deadline isn't til Feb. 1st. 

"You have an ‘in progress’ application to our PhD in Systems Biology and Physiology program for Fall 2015 admission at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.  Our SBP program in conjunction with our graduate school is hosting a recruitment event on January 6, 2015 on our campus.  If you would like to be considered to receive an invitation to attend, please email me your unofficial transcripts, GRE, and TOEFL (if applicable) documents at your earliest convenience.  Your quick response is appreciated as we have a limited number of spaces available.  Thanks so much!"

Does the program have any sort of priority deadline for being considered in the first wave or for funding? I've seen a few programs that have two deadlines, one when all applications must be in and an earlier one where applicants may be considered for fellowships or just an early admissions decision.

Does the program have any sort of priority deadline for being considered in the first wave or for funding? I've seen a few programs that have two deadlines, one when all applications must be in and an earlier one where applicants may be considered for fellowships or just an early admissions decision.

I don't see any priority deadlines on their site. It's also a relatively small program.  Either way, she said I'd know by today or tomorrow. 

What are the interview weekend date options for Vanderbilt IGP and Princeton Mol bio? I haven't heard back from them yet and getting anxious about accepting other school's interviews.

As far as I know, Jan. 30th and Feb. 6th are two of the weekends for Vanderbilt IGP. I'm unsure of anymore!

Edited by Ragneo

What are the interview weekend date options for Vanderbilt IGP and Princeton Mol bio? I haven't heard back from them yet and getting anxious about accepting other school's interviews.

Princeton Mol Bio has interviews the weekend of Feb 13th. I believe there was another weekend but I don't remember when they said that was. Hope this helps.

As far as I know, Jan. 30th and Feb. 6th are two of the weekends for Vanderbilt IGP. I'm unsure of anymore!

Princeton Mol Bio has interviews the weekend of Feb 13th. I believe there was another weekend but I don't remember when they said that was. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

Congrats everyone on interviews, and happy holidays!

I'm currently struggling to decide between attending the interview weekend for Colorado Denver AMC and UNC BBSP. As far as I can tell they are very different programs in the sense that Colorado is small and UNC is large, but I could see this as either a positive or a negative. Does anyone have any opinions on either school or program that they'd be willing to share? Thank you!

Congrats everyone on interviews, and happy holidays!

I'm currently struggling to decide between attending the interview weekend for Colorado Denver AMC and UNC BBSP. As far as I can tell they are very different programs in the sense that Colorado is small and UNC is large, but I could see this as either a positive or a negative. Does anyone have any opinions on either school or program that they'd be willing to share? Thank you!

Check your messages.

Thank you! Congrats on your interview invites, too! When did you hear from Cornell Micro? I applied to that program but haven't heard anything yet.

Nevermind, ignore that. Just got the phone call and email from Cornell. :D Unfortunately the interview weekend (Feb 5-8) conflicts with the weekend I already accepted for UW-Madison.

Edited by thelionqueen