2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

Interview at MIT BCS!!!!! I don't think I'll ever be this happy again in my life, but that's ok :P

Me too! I've been looking for someone to be excited with :D I'm in cognition so different field, but I can't wait to go interview! Have you gotten an email from the grad coordinator with details yet? I rarely travel so I want to start planning as soon as I can!

Me too! I've been looking for someone to be excited with :D I'm in cognition so different field, but I can't wait to go interview! Have you gotten an email from the grad coordinator with details yet? I rarely travel so I want to start planning as soon as I can!

I'm in molecular, but I think they all interview the same weekend. They told me it'll be from Feb 26-27, but would send me specifics later. I know the last night they throw this party, and from what I hear faculty get turnt up. It's at a grad student's house. It'll be so much fun!

Who are your POIs? I know Laura Schulz is a sweetheart, have met a couple of others too...

I'm in molecular, but I think they all interview the same weekend. They told me it'll be from Feb 26-27, but would send me specifics later. I know the last night they throw this party, and from what I hear faculty get turnt up. It's at a grad student's house. It'll be so much fun!

Ooh I'm so excited! That sounds so fun. See you there :D

Who are your POIs? I know Laura Schulz is a sweetheart, have met a couple of others too...

I'm interested in language processing, so Ted Gibson. I might also branch out into some computational stuff, so I'm interested in Josh Tenenbaum as well :) how about you?

Ooh I'm so excited! That sounds so fun. See you there :D

I'm interested in language processing, so Ted Gibson. I might also branch out into some computational stuff, so I'm interested in Josh Tenenbaum as well :) how about you?

I haven't met Gibson, but if you have computational experience I've heard good things about Tenenbaum. I put down Li-Huei Tsai, Weifeng Xu and Yingxi Lin as my POIs. They are all very nice people. Anyways, see you there :D

Hi! Who is applying to MIT Biology PhD?I a international and worry even more...

And one more question. Has anyone received rejection letter?

I am an international who applied there. Chances are very slim I'll even get an interview, but I have my fingers crossed :)

And I didn't get a rejection letter yet, but I hear that Harvard BBS is done sending all their invites, so I assume I was rejected.

I am an international who applied there. Chances are very slim I'll even get an interview, but I have my fingers crossed :)

And I didn't get a rejection letter yet, but I hear that Harvard BBS is done sending all their invites, so I assume I was rejected.

Same here! I am super happy with my first interview at UPenn, but I am hoping for one or two more ;) However, I am obviously not expecting those to come from MIT or Stanford, but who knows :D Edited by Chrischigta

Hi! Who is applying to MIT Biology PhD?I a international and worry even more...

And one more question. Has anyone received rejection letter?

Both MIT Bio and Stanford have their graduate admissions meeting in January. They send email invites around Jan 8th, so I wouldn't worry until then.

NYU Sackler and Weill Cornell BCMB! 

Congrats, me too! SO PUMPED!!!

Congrats guys! Looking forward to seeing you guys there!!

NYU Sackler invite also! Amazing except I have another interview (with flight purchased) the date they assigned, so I hope that they can accommodate another weekend. 

They seemed pretty accommodating on the email so you should be fine :) 

NYU Sackler invite also! Amazing except I have another interview (with flight purchased) the date they assigned, so I hope that they can accommodate another weekend. 

Same, I have interviews on both NYU and Weill Cornell's dates, but hopefully they will accommodate me!

Edited by swaye15

Congrats guys! Looking forward to seeing you guys there!!

They seemed pretty accommodating on the email so you should be fine :)

Thanks and congrats as well! The date they gave you would be perfect haha! I gave every option aside from the 3 weekends I have flights for, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Same, I have interviews on both NYU and Weill Cornell's dates, but hopefully they will accommodate me!

When did Weill Cornell let you know and when is their scheduled interview weekend? I'm still hoping to hear from them by the end of today if they started sending out the interview invites

Thanks and congrats as well! The date they gave you would be perfect haha! I gave every option aside from the 3 weekends I have flights for, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm so lucky they gave me those dates since I had a string of interview weekends for a month starting on Jan 22nd. Now It just gets pushed back a week but at least I only have to take the subway and travel 30 minutes from home lol 

Same here! I am super happy with my first interview at UPenn, but I am hoping for one or two more ;) However, I am obviously not expecting those to come from MIT or Stanford, but who knows :D

Did you get invites from Weill Cornell or NYU yet? Coz I didn't :(

Congrats! Hopefully you will be able to work out the scheduling with that many interviews. 

Somehow, I haven't had to reschedule any interviews yet. I've been super lucky as of now but if I get anymore, I will most likely run out of luck. Unless it's Stanford since they give late interviews historically