2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

Did you get invites from Weill Cornell or NYU yet? Coz I didn't :(

Received an invite by Weill Cornell BCMB !! OMG !!! This is one my absolute favourites!! Best christmas present ever!!! Hoping for the best for you!!

Edited by Chrischigta

When are everyone's NYU Sackler interview dates? Mine is 3/5-6, which seems late. Are the earlier interview dates higher priority or something? And anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate?

Received an invite by Weill Cornell BCMB !! OMG !!! This is one my absolute favourites!! Best christmas present ever!!! Hoping for the best for you!!

When did you get the invite? I dunno if I should keep expecting an email to come, or stop checking my email every 5 minutes.

When are everyone's NYU Sackler interview dates? Mine is 3/5-6, which seems late. Are the earlier interview dates higher priority or something? And anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate?

Mine is January 15-16th. I applied to the immunology program so it could be different dates for different programs?

Mine is January 15-16th. I applied to the immunology program so it could be different dates for different programs?

True - I expressed interest in the Pathology and Translational Medicine / Cell and Mol. Bio programs, so that might be it. I'm a little paranoid because I'm banking on this school in light of my low GPA

True - I expressed interest in the Pathology and Translational Medicine / Cell and Mol. Bio programs, so that might be it. I'm a little paranoid because I'm banking on this school in light of my low GPA

Mine is Jan 22/23. I selected microbio as my main area of interest. It seems to be based off of program since another post on the results page had the same date for microbio. 

no interview for NYU....im so sad :(

What program did you apply for? I went for Molecular Oncology and tumour immunology, and didn't get any correspondence from them yet.

Then again, neither did I hear from Weill Cornell BCMB :(

Has anyone applied to the Dartmouth Quantitative Biomedical Sciences (QBS) PhD program? If so, have you heard anything back from them yet? I have a couple of questions. 

ghostoverground has, she's somewhere on this forum.

What program did you apply for? I went for Molecular Oncology and tumour immunology, and didn't get any correspondence from them yet.

Then again, neither did I hear from Weill Cornell BCMB :(

I don't remember choosing a specific program but if i did it would have either been molecular and cell biology or something to do with oncology so that's a big possibility. I know that NYU has a low acceptance rate but I would think that if i got interviews to upenn, columbia, and johns hopkins then I would get one for NYU too.... 

Has anyone else that expressed interest in oncology for NYU sackler gotten an interview?

I don't remember choosing a specific program but if i did it would have either been molecular and cell biology or something to do with oncology so that's a big possibility. I know that NYU has a low acceptance rate but I would think that if i got interviews to upenn, columbia, and johns hopkins then I would get one for NYU too.... 

Has anyone else that expressed interest in oncology for NYU sackler gotten an interview?

I applied to Molecular Oncology and Tumor Immunology and got an interview today... seems like there were multiple days of interview invites last year though!

I applied to Molecular Oncology and Tumor Immunology and got an interview today... seems like there were multiple days of interview invites last year though!

Is Yale BBS done sending out all of their interviews already?

Might be the case actually, on the results thread, there were different notification dates so there might be some more after christmas. 

@ForScience! You might still get an interview after christmas so don't lose hope yet :) 

Hey everyone, 

So I was searching for how to prepare for interviews and I came across this blog post from someone here who went on interviews and gave us some helpful hints. Thought I would pass the link along

Merry Christmas!!

Full-panic mode now...

I have seen a lot of references to NYU Sackler and Weill Cornell in here but not so much to NYU (Biology-Genomics and systems bio) or Cornell (Biochem, mol and cell bio) itself.

Anyone know when they generally send out the interview requests/rejects/accepts? (I am an international applicant if that makes any difference)

I'd really appreciate it if people who have got invites to any of the other programs I am applying to also say if interview emails are being sent. So far I have seen stuff for UCSF TETRAD which is my absolute dream but in which I always knew I had no chance... Especially if emails are being sent from UWisconsin-Madison Genetics and UChicago Genomics.

Thanks. It's just very much like me to worry  :P  

Actually the very early interview request from Duke I think has skewed my perspectives...now every day that goes by I assume one more place has rejected me  :mellow:

Might be the case actually, on the results thread, there were different notification dates so there might be some more after christmas. 

@ForScience! You might still get an interview after christmas so don't lose hope yet :)

Thanks that made me feel better!

ughhhh this is a nightmare! i had trouble getting in my official transcript with Johns Hopkins Neuroscience and had to speak with an admissions officer like 5 times, and eventually they said that my application was complete. Now I look at my application and it says that it is incomplete online! Has anyone had this problem? I sent an e-mail to the director but from what I've seen most of the interviews have been sent out... is it too late for them to look at my application? 

ughhhh this is a nightmare! i had trouble getting in my official transcript with Johns Hopkins Neuroscience and had to speak with an admissions officer like 5 times, and eventually they said that my application was complete. Now I look at my application and it says that it is incomplete online! Has anyone had this problem? I sent an e-mail to the director but from what I've seen most of the interviews have been sent out... is it too late for them to look at my application? 

Sometimes they will still review an incomplete application. That's what sloan kettering told me when my GRE scores didn't make it there....