2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

Has anyone heard back from UCSF Neuroscience? I emailed the program administrator to get an update on my application but haven't heard back. I'm sure I've been rejected but getting an official response would finally ease my anxiety. 

To everyone applying to Stanford Biology, I just got word that adcoms will finalize reviewing applications early this week and will probably send interview invites later this week or early next week (this is most likely true for all other biosciences home programs). Best of luck and hope to see you here in March!

Has anyone heard back from UCSF Neuroscience? I emailed the program administrator to get an update on my application but haven't heard back. I'm sure I've been rejected but getting an official response would finally ease my anxiety. 

Someone was offered an interview on Dec 12th according to the results page, but no idea if all invites have been sent

Just send them an email and ask. You can say something like, "Hello, I was wondering if all interview invites have been sent out. UCSF is one of my top picks and I want to make sure I am able to attend the interview weekend if invited". I did that and got a very nice response saying I was not selected which made it sting a bit less. 

Hey y'all,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now but this is my first post. I have applied to several graduate programs in genetics and molecular biology but haven't heard beck from any as of today. I am getting very nervous now and am wondering if I should look for backup options if I don't get into any of the programs. Has anyone heard back from Miami PIBS, Tufts- Sackler, UGA or UF? And does anyone know if UCSF-BMS and UT Southwestern DBS are done sending out all of their interview invites?

I'd be glad to hear some motivating thoughts from y'all.

Hey y'all,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now but this is my first post. I have applied to several graduate programs in genetics and molecular biology but haven't heard beck from any as of today. I am getting very nervous now and am wondering if I should look for backup options if I don't get into any of the programs. Has anyone heard back from Miami PIBS, Tufts- Sackler, UGA or UF? And does anyone know if UCSF-BMS and UT Southwestern DBS are done sending out all of their interview invites?

Miami got back to me with an interview like 2nd week of December. Sackler sent my invite on 12/24

To everyone applying to Stanford Biology, I just got word that adcoms will finalize reviewing applications early this week and will probably send interview invites later this week or early next week (this is most likely true for all other biosciences home programs). Best of luck and hope to see you here in March!

Thank you for taking the time to update us!

Hey y'all,

UCSF BMS should be done sending out invites. One of the posters is currently in the program and will know for sure.

Hey y'all,

I'm in the same boat is you, but I have some insight at UF! I currently work at the genetics institute and applied to the program.  I have not heard anything, but I'll probably start asking soon. I can keep you updated if I hear anything.  So far I do NOT think any interview invites have been sent out yet and I work very closely to the department.  And just a general FYI about UF, they take forever to do most things, so for them I think you can relax for now!

Miami got back to me with an interview like 2nd week of December. Sackler sent my invite on 12/24

Did you apply for a specific concentration for Miami PIBS? And by Sackler, are you talking about NYU or Tufts?

Hey y'all,

Are you still in college, if you don't mind my asking? For back-up plans, if you're willing to move to the Washington D.C. area, I would HIGHLY recommend applying to the NIH Postbaccalaureate IRTA Program, or even if you're only a year out of college (you're eligible for up to 2 years out of college, I believe). I'm currently working at the NIH and I can vouch for how great the opportunity is here, plus you get full-time (mostly) independent research experience if you haven't already, and there's a lot to choose from. If you're interested (or anyone else who's interested), pm me and I can talk to you more about it.

If you're already in a postbac program or aren't interested, just ignore my post haha :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat is you, but I have some insight at UF! I currently work at the genetics institute and applied to the program.  I have not heard anything, but I'll probably start asking soon. I can keep you updated if I hear anything.  So far I do NOT think any interview invites have been sent out yet and I work very closely to the department.  And just a general FYI about UF, they take forever to do most things, so for them I think you can relax for now!

Good to hear. Thank you very much. I'd be looking forward to an update from you.

Are you still in college, if you don't mind my asking? For back-up plans, if you're willing to move to the Washington D.C. area, I would HIGHLY recommend applying to the NIH Postbaccalaureate IRTA Program, or even if you're only a year out of college (you're eligible for up to 2 years out of college, I believe). I'm currently working at the NIH and I can vouch for how great the opportunity is here, plus you get full-time (mostly) independent research experience if you haven't already, and there's a lot to choose from. If you're interested (or anyone else who's interested), pm me and I can talk to you more about it.

If you're already in a postbac program or aren't interested, just ignore my post haha :rolleyes:

I am in college and I'd gladly move to the D.C area but technically I am not a US Citizen, so I believe that most of the NIH opportunities are restricted to citizens. Thanks for your help though.

I am in college and I'd gladly move to the D.C area but technically I am not a US Citizen, so I believe that most of the NIH opportunities are restricted to citizens. Thanks for your help though.

It's also open to permanent residents, if that applies to you!

When did you hear back from OSU?  

I heard back second week of December, around the 16th? The program I'm interviewing for is the Biomedical Sciences

Trying to decide when I should start bothering schools about interviews and whether they have sent out all invitations already. Ugh this is getting stressful.... have not heard back yet from any school :(

Has anyone heard from U Colorado (Denver) molecular biology?

I haven't seen anything about that program specifically, but I just checked the results and it seems like this might be the week invitations are sent. There aren't any interview postings from the F14 season, but all of the F13 interview invites happened between Jan 5-8.

I heard back second week of December, around the 16th? The program I'm interviewing for is the Biomedical Sciences

Gotcha I haven't heard anything. No rejection yet, so I guess I need to stay in good spirits. Do you know how many Interview dates they have?