Scribe
Members-
Posts
350 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
13
Everything posted by Scribe
-
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Okay. Another r for me. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
any word on their fiction program? -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
No reactions left which is better than no fucks. Real sorry but it’s one down. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Sure. Or say yes and then no. Or find some way to outright fuck with them. seriously, if you know you can’t go- I mean you know it - then just let the deadline pass. Fuck them anyway. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
okay, fess up. who's the wiseacre who got accepted to University of Vienna for an MFA in Weiner Schnitzel Studies? -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
12 per genre. The most applications i've ever heard of them getting was 1056. Michener gets that many from time to time, but not always. Iowa usually gets between 650 and 800. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
don't laugh at me, anyone think we don't hear from NWP until the cohort is final for Michener? -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
yeah, from someone who was called by "Samantha Cheng". -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
No. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Amazing. Congratulations. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Nah. I think I’m gonna beat myself up until there’s an “a” in my signature. or the rest of my life. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Unclear and angering. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Don’t feel too bad. I did the same thing. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
I’m assuming rejection myself. Do NOT give me hope. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Sorry, where are we seeing 3 per genre? I’m feeling sick about this. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Yeah, it’s the oldest. But people who have wanted an MFA since before Dunham was born are what kept their application numbers up. They’re beaten only by UT and JHU I think. and I absolutely agree about it being miles beyond them or even most others. malcolm gladwell is right that at some point rankings are stupid. but Iowa is past that point. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Elitism? I’m not sure I’ve seen a school posted here that wouldn’t be considered elite. Iowa, however one feels about the particulars of the program, has earned its status. Honestly, my only issue with them is I feel they’re stingy. Otherwise I think they are easily in the top five. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
just looked that up. going wouldn't help me at all though. Man, I have to go to bed. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
but isn't that the way? it isn't going to have any effect if others have already reported. they've reported here too and say they're international. so they're reporting a phone call at 930 EST which means, if they reported immediately, the call went out after 8 pm on a holiday in Texas. there's a lot of if's but i need to be skeptical. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
do we believe the Michener report? -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Newark, Tucson, and Zell also. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Except for Brown, I'm waiting on these too. And like you, I just need one. Here's to hoping. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
i hope so. these soft rejections are killing me. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
aaaaaand now Tennessee is apparently sending out. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
Scribe replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Wtf??? When did they stop funding?
