Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

40 minutes ago, JonoDuncan said:

I just received my acceptance to Columbia about 10 minutes ago!! I am an Advanced Standing in person candidate in the policy track. 

Good luck everyone!!

WOWWW!! Congrats!!! I have always been rooting for you! So amazing, you deserve it. :)

58 minutes ago, JonoDuncan said:

I just received my acceptance to Columbia about 10 minutes ago!! I am an Advanced Standing in person candidate in the policy track. 

Good luck everyone!!

CONGRATS!!! Really happy for you.

33 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

I guess no one else heard anything today?

I think some did. There is a whole other thread of people in the Application section of Grad Cafe. I have no idea what to expect at this point nor when. They are not sending rejections based on what I’ve seen which means they are sitting on them or people aren’t posting them. My fear is that I think I’ve seen a clinical mental health saying they got in from I believe February 15. So I’m not sure if they haven’t got through priority people yet, something else is going in with online people in that, or if I’m reading way too much into it and they are really swamped. It honestly feels like applying Dec 1st didn’t matter lol

I want to call tomorrow but then I’m not sure if it is coming soon so I’m being a crazy person lol

Coping pizza tonight

18 minutes ago, lanabeni said:

I think some did. There is a whole other thread of people in the Application section of Grad Cafe. I have no idea what to expect at this point nor when. They are not sending rejections based on what I’ve seen which means they are sitting on them or people aren’t posting them. My fear is that I think I’ve seen a clinical mental health saying they got in from I believe February 15. So I’m not sure if they haven’t got through priority people yet, something else is going in with online people in that, or if I’m reading way too much into it and they are really swamped. It honestly feels like applying Dec 1st didn’t matter lol

I want to call tomorrow but then I’m not sure if it is coming soon so I’m being a crazy person lol

Coping pizza tonight

I think they just haven't gotten through priority applicants yet. @patientlywaiting2 was told that they wouldn't hear back until March 23rd today, and I'm pretty sure they were a priority applicant. Still, if I were in your shoes, I'd call - I doubt it can hurt, and it sounds like it might be a little while still.

Pizza is always a great coping mechanism, lol.

@lanabeni, and anyone else, really - do you know if Columbia gives any merit aid for the online program? I'm not really too keen on moving back to NY if I were to get in, which - let me be clear - I HIGHLY doubt I will. But I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing more research into the online program just to see if it would be doable. I might reapply next year, who knows...

Edited by doctormelody

12 minutes ago, Kathryn1994 said:

Same here...kinda feeling like they forgot about me 

Me too! I just feel like I applied a little too early to be at the end of the pile so I can't help but feel like they only have bad news. But I'm still hopeful! 

4 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

Me too! I just feel like I applied a little too early to be at the end of the pile so I can't help but feel like they only have bad news. But I'm still hopeful! 

I submitted everything January 17th so idk I feel like I was towards the end but not really 

7 minutes ago, Kathryn1994 said:

I submitted everything January 17th so idk I feel like I was towards the end but not really 

I submitted November 11 and I've been seeing people who applied right at the December 1 priority deadline and after the priority deadline hear back so I'm like either I was forgotten or it's bad news. Who knows at this point though.

I submitted November 11 and I've been seeing people who applied right at the December 1 priority deadline and after the priority deadline hear back so I'm like either I was forgotten or it's bad news. Who knows at this point though.

Exactly. I already committed to Rutgers but I applied and would like to know if I got in. I may call and ask if they can let me know and then tell them I won't be attending

11 minutes ago, Kathryn1994 said:

Exactly. I already committed to Rutgers but I applied and would like to know if I got in. I may call and ask if they can let me know and then tell them I won't be attending

I emailed them yesterday and mentioned I have a deadline to let other schools know and they haven't responded yet. If I don't hear back by tomorrow then I'll call on Friday, but I'm afraid I'll say the wrong thing if I call.

3 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

I emailed them yesterday and mentioned I have a deadline to let other schools know and they haven't responded yet. If I don't hear back by tomorrow then I'll call on Friday, but I'm afraid I'll say the wrong thing if I call.

I actually emailed them towards the end of last month about having other schools to let you know and they literally told me sorry but tell them you need an extension I was like oookkkayyyy like thank you for not answering my question about when I will hear back 

8 minutes ago, Kathryn1994 said:

I actually emailed them towards the end of last month about having other schools to let you know and they literally told me sorry but tell them you need an extension I was like oookkkayyyy like thank you for not answering my question about when I will hear back 

I told them I'm not allowed to get anymore extensions (which is true) so it's important that I get an answer. We'll see what they say.

I told them I'm not allowed to get anymore extensions (which is true) so it's important that I get an answer. We'll see what they say.

Yeah I would maybe try to reach out today if I were you! Cause you really need to know

8 minutes ago, Kathryn1994 said:

Yeah I would maybe try to reach out today if I were you! Cause you really need to know

So they just responded and said the next 10 days. That puts me over the 15th if it hits the 10th day. My application can't possibly be taking that long.

3 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

So they just responded and said the next 10 days. That puts me over the 15th if it hits the 10th day. My application can't possibly be taking that long.

That is crazy... did you let them know that you absolutely have to hear back by the 15th?