Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

31 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

That's insane. I mean, they promised to get back to you this week, right? Idk how you keep from calling them every day...

The thing that would get me is if they let me know after the 15th after I told them I needed to know before then and it's a rejection...which I'm feeling it is.

6 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

The thing that would get me is if they let me know after the 15th after I told them I needed to know before then and it's a rejection...which I'm feeling it is.

Yeah, that would be a messed-up thing to do.

Edited by doctormelody

18 minutes ago, Moonlight008 said:

CONGRATS!!! 

Is the portal still the status page? (Silly question)

thank you! yes the portal is where the application status and application checklist is. all that is different is a link that says "status update". they use the same application software as UC Berkeley 

Edited by lostxoco

6 minutes ago, lostxoco said:

thank you! yes the portal is where the application status and application checklist is. all that is different is a link that says "status update". they use the same application software as UC Berkeley 

It’s the same as Tulane’s as well. I think a lot of schools use it.

10 minutes ago, lostxoco said:

So glad the wait is over for you! :) Let us know which school you end up choosing! I applied for advanced standing and waiting for a response from Columbia. I only applied for CSULB and Columbia, wish I applied to more schools but I was smashed with school work and applied last minute. 

For those awaiting financial aid, I got an email today that was following up with me on my FAFSA (I guess they couldn't find it). I sent confirmation to them and they said they would send me my letter by early next week at the latest. 

8 minutes ago, rosieposie said:

Got financial aid info... $18K in scholarships, $3k work study, and the rest is covered in loans. Yikes. 

thanks for sharing, did you get an email with the info or was it on the application website?

edit: also is it $18k per year? 

Edited by lostxoco

5 hours ago, doctormelody said:

Does anyone know offhand the total cost of Columbia? By my estimation it’s like 90k for tuition alone, which seems insane, but what do I know...

You can find a tuition and fee chart on the website. I haven't looked at the 2 year program costs but the advanced standing total program cost is about $62,000.

58 minutes ago, JonoDuncan said:

You can find a tuition and fee chart on the website. I haven't looked at the 2 year program costs but the advanced standing total program cost is about $62,000.

Oh, yikes! Is that price after books and fees, or strictly tuition?

Edit: never mind, looked it up. That's after all estimated fees, assuming you'd be buying books and whatnot full price.

Edited by stheart

12 minutes ago, stheart said:

Oh, yikes! Is that price after books and fees, or strictly tuition?

Edit: never mind, looked it up. That's after all estimated fees, assuming you'd be buying books and whatnot full price.

Yeah. Part of it is that extra $9000 they charge you for the four week summer session. RIP. 

Also, did you find out about your acceptance yet? I know you decided to attend Chicago - just curious!