Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

5 minutes ago, abswk said:

Nothing ? I’ve already called two times since I applied 11/30.... but it’s been 4 months!!!! This is ridiculous! I don’t know what to do anymore! I want to call again but I know they won’t have anything new to tell me...

I’m with you because I have to wait until you hear back before I can expect to hear back ?

6 minutes ago, abswk said:

Nothing ? I’ve already called two times since I applied 11/30.... but it’s been 4 months!!!! This is ridiculous! I don’t know what to do anymore! I want to call again but I know they won’t have anything new to tell me...

That's honestly COMPLETELY absurd, I'm so sorry. Do you have deadlines to get back to other schools? I would 100% call them again. Any reasonable person would understand your frustration at this point.

7 minutes ago, abswk said:

I didnt even apply to any other schools........ I know! Im crazy! If I don’t hear back by tomorrow I’ll call :( 

I don’t think you’re crazy! You just knew what you wanted, which is not a bad thing at all. I’m just sorry it’s been such a ridiculously long wait for you. 

7 minutes ago, abswk said:

I didnt even apply to any other schools........ I know! Im crazy! If I don’t hear back by tomorrow I’ll call :( 

Listen. It’s going to be ok. Everything will work out as it’s supposed to.

I did the same thing for undergrad. It was the *only* school I wanted to go to. It worked out!

Surround yourself with positivity. Think only the best. Smudge yourself with sage if you have to!

7 minutes ago, TooExcited&Nervous said:

Thanks, I honestly figured I wouldn't get in because other people's stats were crazy nice! I am going to decline immediately though. 

Well, that just goes to show you should never underestimate yourself! And @Kat_MSW2018, Columbia was your first choice, right? Really happy for you both!!

4 minutes ago, abswk said:

Everyone who just got in, congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing when you applied and what program? I don’t want to go back and search through the thread... thanks! And congrats again!!!! 

I applied 11/30 for Advanced Standing. I transferred schools twice, so my true cumulative is 3.01, my current school gpa is 3.55 and my program gpa is a 3.89 (confusing, I know). I have been volunteering since high school and I have a decent amount of social work experience from internships and my field placement. I hold several leadership positions on campus and I am an ABA therapist part-time. (I live a busy life)

56 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

(excuse my dorkiness, Idk if you’re allowed to curse on here, lmao)

Thank you thank you!! Sending good vibes your way! Hold on tight!

51 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Well, that just goes to show you should never underestimate yourself! And @Kat_MSW2018, Columbia was your first choice, right? Really happy for you both!!

Columbia is my first choice! Thanks! I’d like to hear from both Columbia and NYU applicants/admitted/alumni students to make my final choice. 

So anyone feel free to add more feedback. I have a week to decide before I lose NYU’s offer!

53 minutes ago, Chebrutta said:

AMAZING CONGRATULATIONS!!! ? 

51 minutes ago, Chebrutta said:

Not Columbia but I got into NYU! 

Thank you and CONGRATS!!! that’s awesome!!