SUNY New Paltz - Aural Rehabilitation

evf

Hello everyone,

I have a question.

I received an email from New Paltz this morning, and they told me that in order to be considered a candidate for their grad program I would have to take aural rehab course this summer and also to let them know the school where I plan on taking it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could take aural rehab in New York or possibly an online course (my undegrad school does not offer it)?

Thank you :) 

Hi! I actually will be taking the aural rehabilitation course this summer through the online post-bacc program at New Paltz. I'm not sure if you can just take that one course, but I would inquire!

https://navigator.suny.edu/courses/search?q=aural+rehab&q=aural+rehabilitation 

I took it online at SUNY New Paltz, and I would definitely recommend taking it online through them! The course at NP is very straightforward, one group project, 3 tests including the final and Professor Gilligan is wonderful and easy to talk to with any questions. If you are in-state NP also has very affordable tuition rates. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions about the course.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, 

I was looking to take Aural Rehab too- do you know if the course through SUNY New Paltz requires the webcam for proctored tests? Trying to figure out if I would have to go and buy a webcam as I'm seeing it required at some schools like USU. 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, SLPnic said:

@azure Great to hear! I'm about to apply to them too. Thanks for the info! 

I checked the seats of the summer course Aural Rehab, it seems that the class is full. However, if you email the department chair Dr. Swift at Suzanne.swift@enmu.edu , she will likely squeeze you in! Also, applying to ENMU is free!

Hi there!

If you're still looking for a class, Portland State is offering Aural Rehab online this summer. I'm in it now with the same professor who will be teaching it (Dr. Nelson) and she is fantastic. Let me know if you have any questions!