I just scheduled my interview for Midwestern University-Glendale. I was hoping that someone who has been to an interview at this school could tell me what the layout of the day looks like. it says we have to be there no later than 7:45 am and finish at 2:30 pm. That seems like a long day for an interview. It would also be super helpful if you could tell me what the interview was like. Was there a writing sample? Thanks!

I went to their interview last year.  They give you a tour of the campus, divide you into groups and interview you alone.  There are 2 interviews with two different faculty and the last thing we did was there is a written portion.  It seemed like it took a long time.  There are 2 prompts.  Each one is a situation with a person who has a communication disorder. You have to say how you would treat them basically.  Also, during the interview they asked me what qualities I would look for if I were hiring an SLP for a tide 1 school.  Their interview, they kind of expect you to have a lot of SLP knowledge.  If you were CSD undergrad you will probably do fine.  Oh, and you eat lunch on campus!

12 minutes ago, TXapplicant said:

Do y'all think applying to Midwestern Glendale right now is too late? The last day to submit is March 1st but I know it's rolling. 

No, it’s definitely not too late. I was just there for an interview and their class is not filled up yet. The earlier you submit, the earlier you’ll be contacted for an interview. 

4 minutes ago, KaryOaky said:

No, it’s definitely not too late. I was just there for an interview and their class is not filled up yet. The earlier you submit, the earlier you’ll be contacted for an interview. 

Thank you! Kind of confused cause on the website it says submit by Feb 1st but on CSDCAS and a little below on application process it says March 1st. I think if I submit today I can get it in by then but wouldn't wanna waste the money...

19 minutes ago, TXapplicant said:

Thank you! Kind of confused cause on the website it says submit by Feb 1st but on CSDCAS and a little below on application process it says March 1st. I think if I submit today I can get it in by then but wouldn't wanna waste the money...

When I submitted mine, I was contacted 2 days after to schedule an interview. Just letting you know, you have to go to Phoenix. They don't do Skype or phone interviews. Good luck!